1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Battles Tournament - Scoring, Prizes and More!

Discussion in 'News Archive' started by Staff, Aug 27, 2014.

1. Staff

Staff PR Manager

Feb 11, 2013
    Admin Post
    [​IMG]

First off, I'd like to thank everyone for coming out and participating in the events we have had so far. We have had record turnouts and it has been crazy, crazy, crazy. We've had 80+man 1v1s, 120 man CTFs and invasions with over 400 participants. However, with these large turnouts, bugs that we could not account for arose with some of our events.

Invasions of Cove - The event scores with the Invasions of Cove held very late on August 25th were removed from the event scores. There was an issue with saving to accounts. Somehow the scores for these invasions did not serialize correctly. I had to take a later save of the eventscores file and remove those scores and then serialize them again so that the file would deserialize properly. I am very sorry for this inconvenience and this issue has been addressed and will not happen again.

CTF - There was an issue with CTF scores where kills were adding exponentially to a players score. So, we had people leaving the CTF with 700~ event points accumulated when we had balanced events to award between 100-200 points at the top-end. As such, I decided that the best course of action would be to wipe the scores for this CTF as they would have skewed the results by too large a margin. I have awarded all players 100 battles tournament currency as compensation. I am very sorry for this inconvenience and the error has since been fixed.

FFA and TvT August 27th 10:37PM
    An issue was found where players were not being awarded points for these events if they had died. Obviously this means only the player who won the FFA received points and only the players that lived in the TvT received points. I have the scoreboards for the TvT and will be rewarding players for their kills. Regarding the FFA, this is impossible to do and I am very sorry. I will be rewarding each battles profile 30 Battles Tournament points for this. The issue has since been corrected.

Misc

As you may have noticed, the command [eventscore bring up a gump for the battles tournament. The gump displays all players current profiles as well as your own profile. You can navigate through each persons profile to view their scores and event history. This was done to try and give some transparency to the scoring process.

[​IMG]

Scoring

Scoring for the battles tournament has been broken down into three categories: 1) Tournament Scoring, 2) Battles Scoring, 3) Invasion Scoring and 4) Scavenger hunt scoring. The only time someones score will not accurately reflect their event history in their profile is when I have manually added points for either a correction, transfer from accounts owned by the same player or for a scavenger hunt. However, I will make note of all point changes here so that everything about the battles tournament will be transparent.

Battles Scoring
    Battles are scored as follows:

• CTF
      • Kill - 2 Point
      • Flag Capture - 50 Points
      • Flag Assault - 5 Points
      • Flag Return - 5 Points
    • FFA
      • Kill - 10 Points
    • TvT
      • Kill - 10 Points
    Invasion Scoring
    Invasions are scored based on your total damage/500. So if you have 20000 damage done in the invasion, you will earn 40 points.

Tournament Scoring
    Tournaments are scored as follows:
    • Match Win - 30 Points
    • Match Loss - 15 Points
    • 1st Place - 75 Points
    • 2nd Place - 50 Points
    • 3rd Place - 25 Points
    2v2s will award the same score but to both players on a team.

Manual Score Changes
    August 27th, 2014
    TvT
    Zell - +10 Points for a kill
    Cino - +20 Points for 2 kills

FFA
    +100 Spendable battle points for all profiles. (Will be added on August 28th).

Scavenger Hunts
    Scavenger hunt held on August 27th, 2014 - Find the 10 spirits of battle.

Winners:
    Sweetie - 100 points
    Girana. - 100 points
    Suave Marv - Decoration
    Cino - Decoration
    Abundantia - Decoration
    Zell - Decoration
    Baral - Decoration
    Digger Jones - Decoration
    Skai Maedun - Decoration
    B-Legit - Decoration

PLEASE PAGE IN IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO CHANGE YOUR SPIRIT OF BATTLE INTO 100 BATTLES TOURNAMENT POINTS.

Locations Hidden
    1) Entrance to star room via Terathan Keep -
    [​IMG]
    2) 2nd Floor of Grotto near treasure pile
    [​IMG]
    3) Secret torture room via Orc Cave
    [​IMG]
    4) Trinsic southeast tower
    [​IMG]
    5) Corner of vesper museum
    [​IMG]
    6) Secret Cave in Yew prison
    [​IMG]
    7) Nujel'm Grave Yard
    [​IMG]
    8) Alcove at the Shrine of Valor
    [​IMG]
    9) Temple of Fire chest
    [​IMG]
    10) Island near Buc's den with the undead rats - No screenshot

Rewards
    You may have noticed the Redeem Points category in the Battles Tournament UI already. In the coming days, this button will bring up a rewards UI where you can spend accumulated points on items. 3rd tier is still undecided.

[​IMG]

Rewards will go live sometime on 9/1/2014.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2014
    10 people like this.
  2. asics

asics Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2013
    IlTamatore - Florencia
    points redeem mean that we can get something from a list, like easter eggs on easter event?

3. edw3rdwood

edw3rdwood Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2014
    Very bummed about Cove, I felt pretty good about that one and got over 20,000 points. I understand things happen but it seems a little unbalanced to reward CTF players for a glitch and not invasion players, since invasions last for over an hour and involve loss of regs and loss of gear if you die whereas CTF is much quicker, and you don't lose anything for participating.

7 people like this.
  4. Fallen Angel

Fallen Angel Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2013
    ^This think only pvm oriented player

5. Staff

Staff PR Manager

Feb 11, 2013
    Admin Post
    Everyone was given the points, not just CTF players.

6. Skye Wolfbane

Skye Wolfbane Governor of Trinsic

Jan 22, 2013
    Skye Wolfbane, Lynnissia Leoden, Hunter Lorde, Calico Jack, Jade Nevaeh
    How about an invasion on sea :) Then we can bust out those galleons and have some fun with them since no one is on the water these days.

5 people like this.
  7. Lord Hampton Royce

Lord Hampton Royce Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2014
    ever since this started ive had many complaints with the setbacks, point distribution, and the event structures.

however, ive accepted the fact that i will most likely not win 1st place at this point. theres just too much of a gap that has been created - there are people with more capable means of winning, such as flube.

as much as i have my differences in some aspects, everyone has an equal opportunity. there are people, so far, on the higher end of the list that i would have never expected to be there. it goes to show that its not just the best pvpers that win this sort of thing, and thats cool.

1st place is pretty much set in stone, but i can assure you that 2nd and 3rd place is literally up for grabs. just keep joining as many events as you can and keep grinding the points and youll be surprised with how fast you can end up in the top 5.

and at the very least, even if you dont win, the staff have provided us with an original, fun, competitive, server building event. im really excited to see the amount of players that have showed up this week, and i hope the staff finds a way to keep them active after its all over.

7 people like this.
  8. Tonishha

Tonishha Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2014
    You stated everyone was given points for the Cove invasion? It does not show in my gump and I went thru 3 sets of armor and 2 vanqs...

9. Bobby123

Bobby123 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2014
    Bobby
    don even complain abt it
    i used my pet ball 15 times
    got top damage !

and i got NOTHING

10. Staff

Staff PR Manager

Feb 11, 2013
    Admin Post
    I granted everyone 100 spendable points for the things that had to be wiped. I am very sorry about those events.

11. wreckognize

wreckognize Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    also be aware that any smith/carpentor/tailor/tinker/fletcher can make repair deeds easily by clicking repair and targeting blank scrolls.

smith repair deeds work inside the smith building beside the crafter area in brit, the others work in their corresponding npc guildmasters building i believe

also legendary repair deeds are the best, for those who dont know. Ive never seen one fail, which can cause durability loss

12. Tonishha

Tonishha Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Are those points already in the calculations? If so, I didn't get them...

13. Staff

Staff PR Manager

Feb 11, 2013
    Admin Post
    They were only awarded to the spendable points category. What is your profile character's name?

Edit - It says you have an event score of 84. You should have a total of 184 spendable points. If you don't page in for me and I will correct this.

14. VisuallyAsute

VisuallyAsute Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2014
    A Klaxon
    Unforeseen problems were always likely to happen, it's no one's fault. I too lost Invul armour and my best Vanq spear for nought.. Can't say I saw any unique rares during the Invasions.

15. Avarice

Avarice Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2013
    I didnt get my points for FFA either

16. islandcoli

islandcoli Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2013
    Where are is this battle UI?
    I only have regular "no battles to display" ATM

17. Staff

Staff PR Manager

Feb 11, 2013
    Admin Post
    the [battles ui will only display a battle when one is running. To see your eventscore type [eventscore.

18. VisuallyAsute

Jul 12, 2014
    A Klaxon
    The invasions are fun, though it would be great if Monsters didn't spawn inside the healers houses, it's pretty frustrating to Rez only to then be killed immediately! :)

19. Sapperman

Sapperman Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2013
    Lots of whining lol, Im like in the top 50, not really the point. Been a ton of fun. I hope more events are continued like this. Maybe not for rl cash prizes but just for different stuff. Hats off to the thought and time put into these events. I just wish I could play more. LOL

20. VisuallyAsute

Jul 12, 2014
    A Klaxon
    Will leftover/unused points be redeemable for gold/platinum/anything?