Best First Character to make

P-Love

Greetings!

I haven't played UO since the the 2nd age was released and quit in 2000. I just started checking out UO Forever yesterday and am excited to dig in and play more. My question is, what is the best character to make to start out with? I really want to make money and do mostly PVM to start out. I made a dexxer yesterday and got fencing to 100 and got my healing up in the high 60s, but am not sure its a good way to go based on looking at the pre made templates on the website.

Let me know what you think is the best first character to make to really get started in this world.

Coorhagen

Grandmaster
My first character was a PvM dexxer and it's mostly what I still play. I had a lumberjack axeman and would use slayer weapons to hunt monsters and gold.
I made enough to place and customize a house and to buy all kinds of other things too and I wasn't busy trying to raise harder skills like Magery or provocation.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Swords dexer. Start with healing for newbie scissors, swords for a newbie weapon, Your first few hundred GP train up any skill that will help you fight from NPCs...finish out your combat skills swords/anat/tact/healing/resist and pick up additional skills such as hiding, parry, magery skills for emergency use.

Use the young dungeon to your advantage and earn as much gold as you can.

Build up a little bit of gold, get a house, get some resources, then think about your bard IMO. Stick to pure dexer right away just to rack up some funds.

Leewald7

Grandmaster
Bardcher is a good starter
Music/Provo/Archery/Tactics/Healing/Anat/Hiding
Best starting template that I've found but also I would ditch healing and anat for Margery and med, more versatility and give u a third way to be offensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leewald7

Grandmaster
This way u can Provo two things together while having a daemon bodyguard and back it all up with a bow

Infectious

Master
Best starting template that I've found but also I would ditch healing and anat for Margery and med, more versatility and give u a third way to be offensive.

Magery/Archery are good but also pricey to a new player start with a melee weapon skill then as you make money tweek your build into something stronger such as archery and magery

Bromista

Grandmaster
Or just donate ten bucks, sell the coins for 185k, and start with whatever template you want :)

Maybe donate 20 and snag an ethy.

halygon

Grandmaster
My first char was an alchy stun mage /e shrugs

...followed by a scribe macer

...and finally an idocer

I actually never got around to making a real pvm char... Unless you count my alchy LJ with dexxer talisman

I killed liches with my scribe macer for cash and harvested everything I needed to start my crafter (yes, I collected wool every morning to make cloth & mines to have ingots for BS and Tinkering. I chopped my own wood for carpentry).

My point is, you don't HAVE to have a pvm char to get started.