Blue on Red PVP Ideas

I have a few reds and I go around dungeons and PK blues. It is a part of the game and I enjoy it. I also do consensual PVP and I do PVM content. What I would like to see is a way for blues to hunt down a red. Maybe a reporting system where a blue who was killed by a red could request a bounty on this red. And if enough requests are made, then an alert is sent out to blues who are apart of this system. Maybe an message is sent to them telling them a location where the red is at the moment. Not pinpointed, but perhaps "Red is in the area of Shame Dungeon".

I don't have this idea fleshed out and I don't know if it would even be possible but I would like to seem something in the future that gets blues into hunting down reds to make the PVP scene a little more exciting.

I have a few reds and I go around dungeons and PK blues. It is a part of the game and I enjoy it. I also do consensual PVP and I do PVM content. What I would like to see is a way for blues to hunt down a red. Maybe a reporting system where a blue who was killed by a red could request a bounty on this red. And if enough requests are made, then an alert is sent out to blues who are apart of this system. Maybe an message is sent to them telling them a location where the red is at the moment. Not pinpointed, but perhaps "Red is in the area of Shame Dungeon".

I don't have this idea fleshed out and I don't know if it would even be possible but I would like to seem something in the future that gets blues into hunting down reds to make the PVP scene a little more exciting.

I'm up for it, always after new and exciting ways to get statlossed for 2 dayz 5v1 by salty bored blue 'pvpers'!

I'm up for it, always after new and exciting ways to get statlossed for 2 dayz 5v1 by salty bored blue 'pvpers'!
Maybe it doesnt have to be 2 day stat loss in this respect. maybe half stat. or something completely different. I don't really know. I just would like to seem 2-5 blues hunting down a 2 person red team cause the red team just went around and killed 10 blues. I think it'd add a nice aspect to the game. Right now it is so red on blue aggressive. It'd be nice to see blues have an incentive to be aggressive towards the reds.

just use guild/alliance chat or the uof uoforever ?
What do you mean? Yeah I know you can chat and say there is a red here but it is so easy to get away. Being able to track one down if the Red is killing a lot of blues and then killing him would be pretty fun I think. I don't know if there is a way to do that though. Again, just thought it'd be nice to see blues actively hunting reds on the server.

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
It'd basically be a notoriety system, and you could use the town criers in the cities to perform the call outs. Once a red hits 10 kills without having taken statloss, maybe a random crier will mention where the red has been seen every hour. When they hit 20 kills without having taken a statloss, it's a few random criers across towns every hour, if they hit 30 kills, it's all criers every hour, at 40 kills it's all criers every 30 minutes, 50 kills it's every 15 minutes... The red would have to be on, and not in a house, or the crier wouldn't bother yelling.

There is some potential for spam there, so at some point a limit would need to be made, but I personally thing this is a great idea - it motivates people to both PK (and get recognized for their skills), and for others to hunt them down because they are wreaking havoc on the server.

I would love to be able to set bounty's on red's heads, but the reality is, a red builds up a bounty, his friend kills him and collects, and they split it, or he kills himself with another account. Too abuseable.. To be fair notoriety could be as well, just kill your own blue alts over and over until it's spamming the server.. Which is the problem with most good ideas, is that Girana will abuse any mechanics he can.. (at least that's what he says!)

It'd basically be a notoriety system, and you could use the town criers in the cities to perform the call outs. Once a red hits 10 kills without having taken statloss, maybe a random crier will mention where the red has been seen every hour. When they hit 20 kills without having taken a statloss, it's a few random criers across towns every hour, if they hit 30 kills, it's all criers every hour, at 40 kills it's all criers every 30 minutes, 50 kills it's every 15 minutes... The red would have to be on, and not in a house, or the crier wouldn't bother yelling.

There is some potential for spam there, so at some point a limit would need to be made, but I personally thing this is a great idea - it motivates people to both PK (and get recognized for their skills), and for others to hunt them down because they are wreaking havoc on the server.

I would love to be able to set bounty's on red's heads, but the reality is, a red builds up a bounty, his friend kills him and collects, and they split it, or he kills himself with another account. Too abuseable.. To be fair notoriety could be as well, just kill your own blue alts over and over until it's spamming the server.. Which is the problem with most good ideas, is that Girana will abuse any mechanics he can.. (at least that's what he says!)
There could checks where to be a part of this new system you have to register your other accounts so you can't abuse it. You're friends could still kill you I guess. I don't know it was just an idea to get more blue on red action.

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
There could checks where to be a part of this new system you have to register your other accounts so you can't abuse it. You're friends could still kill you I guess. I don't know it was just an idea to get more blue on red action.

Don't get me wrong, I love the idea, could even flush it out further, it's just that abuse-ability factor. Staff could also log the last 50 kills, and if the town criers are spamming, and they check an account, and he's been abusing things, they could jail him. There's a lot that could be done with systems that could be a lot of fun, but 3 accounts, and abuse-ability factors always come into play.

EvilAcid

Grandmaster
They added the bounty system and a guild that need not be named threw a huge fit and it got shut down quickly.

Unfortunate as i was testing it out myself and thought it a fun idea. But ya, dusted.