BOD for other classes and professions

[Legato]

Master
I love the system for tailor/blacksmithing BODs, despite them needing a revamp, but would it be possible it expand this to other professions?

• Tamer Bods from Animal Trainer NPCs - Tame X Number of Animals type Y. Could also have large BODs making up the small BODs
  • Warriors BODs from Guildmaster NPCs - Kill X number of Monster type Y.
  • Thief BODs from Thief Guildmaster NPCs - Steal X Number of Item type Y
  • Bard BODs from Musican NPC - Provoke/peace X Number of Monster type Y

There can be many others too.
Tweak each systems number of requirements based on how easy it is to accomplish..obviously barding is simple, so increase the number or only pull from a pool of hard to extremely hard/dangerous monsters.

Some sort of system might need to be added to recognize actions such as stealing and who killed what monster to prevent trickery and cheating the system, but this could add some extra fun and cool items for players

Rewards could be any number of things too
  • Tamers could get scrolls that temporarily boost their taming skill or animal lore. Statues of pets. Pet summoning balls or charges. Extra follower slot or stable slots. etc.
  • Warriors could get magic weapons and armor, slayers, or other damage/survival type items
  • Thiefs could get temporary stealing, snooping, sneaking boosts, hooded shrouds unique to only thiefs that are either cosmetic or do something to make the thief less noticeable (auto disguise kit rotation?), instant disarm capabilities from items, or reduced chance of being seen from NPCs
  • Bards could get unique instruments and monster statues unique to these BODs

Basically a system that gives other professions cool shit to work towards

Expendable

Master
Tamers do NOT need BOD's... they can get almost evertything just by farming. Warrior's mehhh they have an epic talisman quest. Thieves? Maybe. Bards? Need a meta bard hence why i made the thread. But BODS are crafter specific for a reason. I do like the idea of the thief though, if they had to steal specific items to fill a BOD that would be pretty cool.

clutchxo

Grandmaster
I love the system for tailor/blacksmithing BODs, despite them needing a revamp, but would it be possible it expand this to other professions?

• Tamer Bods from Animal Trainer NPCs - Tame X Number of Animals type Y. Could also have large BODs making up the small BODs
  • Warriors BODs from Guildmaster NPCs - Kill X number of Monster type Y.
  • Thief BODs from Thief Guildmaster NPCs - Steal X Number of Item type Y
  • Bard BODs from Musican NPC - Provoke/peace X Number of Monster type Y

There can be many others too.
Tweak each systems number of requirements based on how easy it is to accomplish..obviously barding is simple, so increase the number or only pull from a pool of hard to extremely hard/dangerous monsters.

Some sort of system might need to be added to recognize actions such as stealing and who killed what monster to prevent trickery and cheating the system, but this could add some extra fun and cool items for players

Rewards could be any number of things too
  • Tamers could get scrolls that temporarily boost their taming skill or animal lore. Statues of pets. Pet summoning balls or charges. Extra follower slot or stable slots. etc.
  • Warriors could get magic weapons and armor, slayers, or other damage/survival type items
  • Thiefs could get temporary stealing, snooping, sneaking boosts, hooded shrouds unique to only thiefs that are either cosmetic or do something to make the thief less noticeable (auto disguise kit rotation?), instant disarm capabilities from items, or reduced chance of being seen from NPCs
  • Bards could get unique instruments and monster statues unique to these BODs

Basically a system that gives other professions cool shit to work towards
Eh think giving bods to certain "skills" is the direction to follow, No "PvM" Class should get bods, the reason bods are around to my understanding is to give a person the freedom in this game to play a crafter and only a crafter. To become as rich as a tamer/warrior/bard/mage through crafting items only.

I would love to see some BODs added for alchemist's, fletchers, carpenters, tinkers. Pretty much keep BODs in the line of crafting only.
As far as rewards, IF this became a real discussion, the player base and admin team could come up with idea's/tier's.

One idea I was thinking about is if it would be possible to make BOD's for cooking. The rewards could be special foods that give certain bonus's for a certain time. This would obviously direct the shard a little away from the ERA that is being played, but it would bring cooking inline as a useful skill and actually be able to market certain things. Kind of hijacking the idea from WoW and we all know how food works on WoW.

Also I recently helped complete a champ spawn with a demon as the boss, IDK which champ it was but there were werewolfs, pheonix somethings and revanant lions all over the place, long story short I know one of his abilities messes with your screen and I think it would be cool if they could also make your screen all destroyed when your character gets drunk.

Winstonian

Grandmaster
Wouldn't be against 'quests' to kill/tame/do certain things, which would really be BODs.

Meta Bard? Only if it's peacemaking or discordance.

[Legato]

Master
I'm fine with keeping BODs then to just crafters, but would also like to see quests then. I guess just an idea to switch shit up

Tearloch

Grandmaster
Tamers do NOT need BOD's... they can get almost evertything just by farming. Warrior's mehhh they have an epic talisman quest. Thieves? Maybe. Bards? Need a meta bard hence why i made the thread. But BODS are crafter specific for a reason. I do like the idea of the thief though, if they had to steal specific items to fill a BOD that would be pretty cool.
How would you be able to prove the item is stolen? That would require a large code change to items, since it would require a "stolen" tag to the item. When would the stolen item tag go away? As far as some of the other suggestions, how would you "combine" a tamed beast to the deed?

What you are basically asking for is rewards for achievements. Bulk Order Deeds are strictly for crafting since it involves set items.

Tearloch

Grandmaster
Eh think giving bods to certain "skills" is the direction to follow, No "PvM" Class should get bods, the reason bods are around to my understanding is to give a person the freedom in this game to play a crafter and only a crafter. To become as rich as a tamer/warrior/bard/mage through crafting items only.

I would love to see some BODs added for alchemist's, fletchers, carpenters, tinkers. Pretty much keep BODs in the line of crafting only.
As far as rewards, IF this became a real discussion, the player base and admin team could come up with idea's/tier's.

One idea I was thinking about is if it would be possible to make BOD's for cooking. The rewards could be special foods that give certain bonus's for a certain time. This would obviously direct the shard a little away from the ERA that is being played, but it would bring cooking inline as a useful skill and actually be able to market certain things. Kind of hijacking the idea from WoW and we all know how food works on WoW.

Also I recently helped complete a champ spawn with a demon as the boss, IDK which champ it was but there were werewolfs, pheonix somethings and revanant lions all over the place, long story short I know one of his abilities messes with your screen and I think it would be cool if they could also make your screen all destroyed when your character gets drunk.
The developers chose to not add in fletching BODs about a year ago, instead opting for the current system with special woods and "imbued" magical properties being possible, similar to the slayer system. It was one way to go, and you get some of the same results (basically Runic Fletching Kit type bows). That said, I would have preferred a BOD system for fletching. The other areas that you mention also sound very cool, especially the cooking idea.

[Legato]

Master
well if the achievement system can trigger and recognize the first time you've tamed an animal, it can likely continuously count it for you as well. I dont see why that same methodology couldn't apply to other things.

Appreciate the feedback and additional creative ideas here. Again though, was really just trying to expand the capabilities of what players might be able to do. I like BODs and thought maybe it would be fun to extend some of that fun to other professions.

clutchxo

Grandmaster
well if the achievement system can trigger and recognize the first time you've tamed an animal, it can likely continuously count it for you as well. I dont see why that same methodology couldn't apply to other things.

Appreciate the feedback and additional creative ideas here. Again though, was really just trying to expand the capabilities of what players might be able to do. I like BODs and thought maybe it would be fun to extend some of that fun to other professions.
Ya, I think there are endless amounts of idea's that can make this game more fun. UOF certainly has it's share of custom content and I believe it is all 100% better for the shard. The only way to keep it growing is more good ideas, alot of testing. And some how make this game comparable to modern games so we can recruit new people. It's free to play which has a huge bonus to it. And I know alot of DIE HARD dark souls players who love challenges, I got a good 6-8 people to start playing here solely on the difficulty of being PKed and losing everything. 4 of them have played UO before, but AOS so they had insurance. They are all new to this game style, and the other 4 are new to UO as a whole.

[Legato]

Master
Thats the beauty of a sandbox scripted game. you can recreate so much shit.

If Shane wanted to create a Lord of the Rings style quest which grants the player a ring of invisibility at the end which slowly drains your stats, it could be done.

clutchxo

Grandmaster
Thats the beauty of a sandbox scripted game. you can recreate so much shit.

If Shane wanted to create a Lord of the Rings style quest which grants the player a ring of invisibility at the end which slowly drains your stats, it could be done.
I was thinking about making an RP guild.