BOD question

yourdaddy said:
http://www.google.com

Great way to help the player out. :roll:

So simply put, BODs are orders given to players from NPC Blacksmiths and NPC Tailors. BOD stands for Bulk Order Deed. You need a minimum of 55.1 Real Skill to be eligible to receive a bulk order.

Once you hit 55.1 you can single left click on an NPC (again Blacksmith or Tailor and not the Guildmaster) to get a context menu. In the menu you should see Bulk Order Info. Once you click that option, you'll get one of two messages: "You can get an order now" or "Another order will be available to in X hours". You can get 1 every six hours. If you are doing both smithing and tailoring, you can do both of those every six hours.

To get the bulk order, you have to sell items to the NPC. For tailoring, I usually sell skullcaps. For blacksmithing, I usually sell ingots. Sell them one at a time. Usually within 10 sales, you'll get a pop up for an order. Click OK to accept the order. If you decline an order, you have to wait the six hours to get another one.

Orders will ask for anything from 10 skull caps to 20 Exceptional Barbed Leather... stuffs. I forget the actual ranges. You make the items, double click the order, and click the button to combine the items you made with the order one at a time.

You get rewards for turning in the bulk orders. For tailoring you get different types of colored cloth, sandles, runic sewing kits, and other items. For blacksmithing you can get gargoyle shovels and pick axes, +1, +3, +5 to mining skill gloves, runic hammers, and other items.

Hope this helps!

Messremb

Grandmaster
excellent explanation Theros,

Only thing to add is Large Bulk Orders Deeds.

A LBOD takes several small BODs to fill. Usually it will be an outfit or set. The LBODs yield the higher end items. to do a LBOD you need to first acquire, and fill, all the necessary small BODs, then combined them using the selector in the LBOD menu.

Also each bod has 3 variables: number of items (10,15,20), quality (normal, exceptional), and material (if not mentioned it is either Cloth, Iron, or reg leather).

Using these you can determine the reward you will receive using the Tower of Roses (TOR) website.

http://www.towerofroses.de/bodt-aos.htm

Messremb said:
excellent explanation Theros,

Only thing to add is Large Bulk Orders Deeds.

A LBOD takes several small BODs to fill. Usually it will be an outfit or set. The LBODs yield the higher end items. to do a LBOD you need to first acquire, and fill, all the necessary small BODs, then combined them using the selector in the LBOD menu.

Also each bod has 3 variables: number of items (10,15,20), quality (normal, exceptional), and material (if not mentioned it is either Cloth, Iron, or reg leather).

Using these you can determine the reward you will receive using the Tower of Roses (TOR) website.

http://www.towerofroses.de/bodt-aos.htm

I totally forgot about the Large BODs.

Thanks for expanding on my explanation.

Jedo

Neophyte
Wow, I knew it had something to do with crafting, and even suspected what the abbreviation stood for, but I never guessed that it was all that. I've wanted to do a tailor for a while but hadn't because I thought it would be too much grinding and no real reward, now I know that there is something special. Thanks everyone (yes, even the google reference made me giggle), thanks.