Bounty Hunter System

K A Z

Grandmaster
Probably too easy to abuse. Also: why is this the only way for blues to group up and fight back? In that last thread it came to me as if there was a general feeling of reds having it "too easy". Does this maybe root in the passivity of blues?

Lexington

Grandmaster
Probably too easy to abuse. Also: why is this the only way for blues to group up and fight back? In that last thread it came to me as if there was a general feeling of reds having it "too easy". Does this maybe root in the passivity of blues?

I'm sure the dev team could design it so that it couldn’t be abused.

The shard has been around for 4 years and no other system has created any kind of red vs blues pvp. I like @eppy philosophy “Personally I would rather try 10 things to find one fun thing than sit here and try nothing because that's the way we have always done things. Maybe I'm wrong but I'm willing to try being wrong. ”

IMO the biggest mistake was to allow RED factions. This gives one character best of all worlds. Tired of fighting for town control just go out and kill a few pvm players.

Yeah, it does seem like the majority of the shard think that reds have it too easy… but every time they try to correct the issue the tears flow like the Mississippi river. That’s why we need some kind of real system put into to place that will motivate players to play blue characters that will keep the red population in check.

How about if factions were split into two blue only and two red only factions?

Last edited by a moderator:

K A Z

Grandmaster
I'm sure the dev team could design it so that it couldn’t be abused.

They can't even do that with factions, man.

The shard has been around for 4 years and no other system has created any kind of red vs blues pvp. I like @eppy philosophy “Personally I would rather try 10 things to find one fun thing than sit here and try nothing because that's the way we have always done things. Maybe I'm wrong but I'm willing to try being wrong. ”

Because there is no need of a system. Reds are freely attackable by blues thus no other system is needed. Red vs. blue PVP is the very basic PVP mechanic this game has IMO. There are ALWAYS more blues than reds on a server.

IMO the biggest mistake was to allow RED factions. This gives one character best of all worlds. Tired of fighting for town control just go out and kill a few pvm players.

That's not really how it works. While joining factions on a red has some good sides (no statloss inside of GZ etc. which was introduced to promote brit bridge fighting) there are so many disadvantages resulting from it. Bluebies who intervene in groupfights etc. etc. etc.

Yeah, it does seem like the majority of the shard think that reds have it too easy… but every time they try to correct the issue the tears flow like the Mississippi river. That’s why we need some kind of real system put into to place that will motivate players to play blue characters that will keep the red population in check.

This is where you're mislead by the circle of players you interact with. I would argue that the majority of UOF does not GIVE A FUCK about reds and/or thinks that there is no problem with the amount of reds on this server. Only a very vocal minority of PVMers is constantly creating threads ... And even IF there was a problem, then wouldn't that problem alone be enough of a motivation for the blues to strike back? My stance here is that we are dealing with a player mentality problem rather than with one that can be solved by the introduction of a new system (yet another one..)

How about if factions were split into 2 blue only and two red only factions?

"Kingdoms spring 2016".

Lexington

Grandmaster
There is a real problem with the PVP (RED) section of one large guild. You can't deny this... every other day there is a thread or discord conversation about it. Even the leader is asking for red vs blue PVP action! I'm just trying to throw out player motivated solutions.

Are there any PVP details that have been released about Kingdoms

girana

Grandmaster
There is a real problem with the PVP (RED) section of one large guild. You can't deny this... every other day there is a thread or discord conversation about it. Even the leader is asking for red vs blue PVP action! I'm just trying to throw out player motivated solutions.

Are there any PVP details that have been released about Kingdoms

eqms is not the problem its just what happen when you balance pvp only around the elite pvpers all noob pvpers quit or group up in one zerg and because you get bonus w/o doing anything for it even the pvp started joining the zerg.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
It will match the rest of the game then :p

@GluttonySDS wants blues to group up to fight reds... this is the only way that will happen. It will be great for the shard!

It will never happen... if defending your own champs and RDAs arent incentive enough to fight the evil PKs, why would a bounter hunter system be enough?

Its player mentality here... like everything else.

Lexington

Grandmaster
eqms is not the problem its just what happen when you balance pvp only around the elite pvpers all noob pvpers quit or group up in one zerg and because you get bonus w/o doing anything for it even the pvp started joining the zerg.

agreed the system is allowing it... so the system should be revised.

Lexington

Grandmaster
It will never happen... if defending your own champs and RDAs arent incentive enough to fight the evil PKs, why would a bounter hunter system be enough?

Its player mentality here... like everything else.

I've said it before the blues at champs aren't organized and never will be. You need a system that will make blue guilds want to group up to fight together. You're welcome to chime in with ideas... or we could just keep saying it will never happen and keep complaining for the next 4 years :p

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
I've said it before the blues at champs aren't organized and never will be. You need a system that will make blue guilds want to group up to fight together. You're welcome to chime in with ideas... or we could just keep saying it will never happen and keep complaining for the next 4 years :p

Come raid EQMS champs and see what happens... maybe you win, maybe you die.

Bobby123

Grandmaster
I already stated one of the possible solution was to implement a faction cap some time ago but the idea was shot down .

Faction cap might not solve all the current problems but could at least mitigate to some extent.

Oh well ........

Lexington

Grandmaster
Come raid EQMS champs and see what happens... maybe you win, maybe you die.

Its almost unbelievable but you've done a fantastic job requiting your guild... no one can take this from you. That said lets try not to turn this into a EQMS against everyone else thread.

Silly Santa

Grandmaster
I cant see a bounty system ... if a pk can die anywhere outside guardzone and be able to buy their head back for X gold.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
no one can take this from you. That said lets try not to turn this into a EQMS against everyone else thread.