Butlers and empty bottles

drasked

Grandmaster
I find it absurd that when potions are dropped on a butler the empty bottles are lost.

This is a very expensive item, please fix!

StegcO

Grandmaster
I find it absurd that when potions are dropped on a butler the empty bottles are lost.

This is a very expensive item, please fix!

simbolo-asterisco_318-53015.jpg

drasked

Grandmaster
you could always dump your potions into a keg first and then drop the keg onto the butler and not lose your bottles.

Having to do this goes directly against the concept of a butler.

i got 1.5 million empty bottles cant be that expensive ;).

I was saying the butler itself is the expensive item and thus should have this functionality regardless of gold sinks or other economic reasons.

Arch Enemy

Grandmaster
Wow, didn't know this was the case. That seems really absurd. Good suggestion. If you pay 3.5 mil for a butler you are paying for that convenience, and it's not convenient to have to restock with empty bottles all the time because of a sloppy design mechanic. Empty bottles get eaten up quick because every time you restock you're using 50+ bottles for potions.

Young Star

Grandmaster
I was told it is working as intended. I don't like it either. I would like to see it credit the empty bottles just like it does when you drop bags on it containing regs and filled bottles.

Mordoc

Master
Having to do this goes directly against the concept of a butler.

I was saying the butler itself is the expensive item and thus should have this functionality regardless of gold sinks or other economic reasons.

yes but if you are that worried about the bottles, this would help you save them

Arch Enemy

Grandmaster
I would say leave gold sink away from 200~ dollar items. Especially an item put in place purely for convenience.

Hit the nail on the head. Butler should definitely apply the empty bottles to its stock when given potions as its meant to be a convenience item. It's not convenient to do it any other way, and with it being such an expensive item, why try to suck a few pennies out of the economy by sacrificing the essence of convenience of this item?

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
I'm just glad we still have Butler version 1.0. The excel spreadsheet butler that was on test center was a nightmare. After testing it, I desperately wish to keep my old butler. The storage upgrades were laughable meanwhile finding your magic weaps/armor was like finding a needle in a hay stack.

Bottles and regs being gold sinks don't bother me. The inconvenience comes from limited supply of bottles and regs from NPCs. I can't imagine how making reg/bottle shopping difficult is essential to game play. My recommendation is that if players have the gold to buy regs/bottles then make it easily available to them so they can get back to playing the real game.

It has little effect on myself since I'm sitting on over 100k each reg and bottles. However, I'd imagine that newer players would benefit from making resources more readily available.