Can We Get Some GD Discord B/S/T Etiquette Please

Bromista

Grandmaster
General B/S/T advice:
  • Price your goods reasonably for a quick sale. Holy shit I can't stress this enough. Look, we've all been there. We have an item of relative worth and we want to turn it into gold fast. Top dollar is always preferred, yes? You must understand that patience is often required to get maximum value from items that are anything less than highly desirable. If you refuse to lower your prices and still can't get a bite please remember not to spam.
  • Don't spam. Especially when the server is quiet. You're not that special.
  • Don't come at me offering 180k for an item I'm selling for 185. Quit that. It's a waste of your time and it's a waste of mine. There has been a huge influx of players lately, and a great many of them appear to be Eastern. Easterners like to haggle. I get that. Westerners don't like to fuck around and would prefer to get down to business. I get that as well. Maybe you think I'm just some pissy Westerner and you're still gonna keep on doing you because you can't resist a bargain. Whatever. If it's less than 5%...you know what...no...just get the fuck away from me.
I'm getting tired of playing Disco cop.

Fuck you.

Last edited:

Mordoc

Master
when i ask someone a price for something and they come back with "offer?" i say 1gp. then they get pissy and want to rage at me and tell me how much their item is worth. thats when i tell them..."well if you knew the price to begin with why didnt you just say so." if they already had a price in mind then say so.

i also hate it when people think their item has to be the most recent one showing in discord and the forums as well. i see it all the time, as soon as one person posts something you get 5-6 others posting their stuff so it stays as most recent and everyone else's gets lost in the old messages, its the same as on the forums people bumping their threads so it stays on the first page.

things like this will never change.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Shaming people doesn't work either they just keep spamming like you aren't even mocking them.

Rules were put in place to limit bumps on the forums but they haven't needed to be enforced in a long time.

077f00c6a4.jpg

RIP Egor

Shortbus

Grandmaster
Most people have a 5-7 minute delay in it...and to make those matters worse, it is always back to back...

Person A - wts (relic) Xm
wtc (relic) Xm

...or a big/long copy/pasta that takes up a screen in itself...every 5-7 minutes...look, odds are if nobody is jumping on it in that time frame, it's either A - prices too steep or B - nobody wants it...at least tone it down to every 30-45 minutes...hell even once an hour would be super!

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
We could get something done up for that the discord trade channels if its that bad.
Or we can remove it and let people handle it on the forums.

Bromista

Grandmaster
We could get something done up for that the discord trade channels if its that bad.
Or we can remove it and let people handle it on the forums.
Possible to set up a sort of spam filter that looks for repeat messages? That would do wonders and that's really by far the biggest problem.

I have concerns that a strict X posts per minute limitation will limit some meaningful interactions in the channel. Sidestepping will occur. Maybe Discord mods could issue warnings? Then you have to like take note of it and check up on specific players and that would kinda suck.

B/s/t in Discord is a valuable tool, definitely don't remove it, just need a few select players to get their shit together and/or a little handholding from staff.

Who decites what is resonable, you ?

if my 120 taming is worth 30mil i sell it for 30mil.
If need be, yes I will decide what is reasonable.

Macunzo

Adept
Igor, stop bumping 10 threads!

Spammers, especially those with long texts, also screw up the search function in discord.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
General B/S/T advice:
  • Price your goods reasonably for a quick sale. Holy shit I can't stress this enough. Look, we've all been there. We have an item of relative worth and we want to turn it into gold fast. Top dollar is always preferred, yes? You must understand that patience is often required to get maximum value from items that are anything less than highly desirable. If you refuse to lower your prices and still can't get a bite please remember not to spam.
  • Don't spam. Especially when the server is quiet. You're not that special.
  • Don't come at me offering 180k for an item I'm selling for 185. Quit that. It's a waste of your time and it's a waste of mine. There has been a huge influx of players lately, and a great many of them appear to be Eastern. Easterners like to haggle. I get that. Westerners don't like to fuck around and would prefer to get down to business. I get that as well. Maybe you think I'm just some pissy Westerner and you're still gonna keep on doing you because you can't resist a bargain. Whatever. If it's less than 5%...you know what...no...just get the fuck away from me.
I'm getting tired of playing Disco cop.

Fuck you.

Here you go mate, some tools for your discord OP's. Make sure to at least clean the gag once a week, perhaps leave it to soak in a mild bleach solution, but also remember to clean the excess off since you might end up inadvertently poisoning your 'guests'.

I think you might also need a new handle *name*. Brom'ixtrix has a nice ring to it, or you could have a slightly more masculine feel to your name, something like Brominear. *Shrugs* I have found that using words just does not cut it, you will need to 'force' your victims into some very degrading acts of.. stuff.. to achieve your goal here.

123384055.jpg

s-l500.jpg