Cap medable AR rating?

CAPTUN AUSTRALIA

Grandmaster
Please refrain from flaming.

BUT, is it just me, or is it ******** that mages now run with 40-50 with ease and up to 67 AR (is record ive heard) - more than most warriors...

When gold runic war hammers/spears literally tickle such players, it is kinda stupid...

Anyone that pvps, knows what im talking about, and will also find the fact that exp pots are doing more damage than melee kinda stupid...

bksdaduo

Master
I kind of have to go both ways on this.. with barbed armor and armored shrouds most faction mages are running around with 32-35 armor but I also took a gold runic hammer and did two 50+ damage crushing blows in a row to a red last night killing him from full before my 4s explo pot timer went off... while he was wearing full barbed (29ish armor).

Granted.. dexers shouldn't HAVE to run with a 40-50k wep to be competitive with a mage that can get 29 armor for 1500 gold.

kurtis

Grandmaster
I think your observation is valid but your solution is flawed. Yes it's very easy to get great armor, and it's not limited to just factioners or mages. Have you seen the dexer fights in the tourneys? They usually stale mate to sudden death. And it's because armor in general is too effective right now and even high-end weapons do less than reasonable damage. The exception is the warhammer and that's why everyone is going macing for that crushing blow and AR Loss (even the qstaff is a lost art). Trying to plink away at people with even a nice katana or kryss is just a waste of time against a properly geared....anyone.

Capping the armor at which a person can med drastically reduces the value of the runic sets and invuln armors, and doesn't solve the dexer v dexer dynamic. Those nice armor suits should still have great value, especially to a mage. I personally think the overall effectiveness of armor has needed a reduction for a while.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jani

Grandmaster
^ they just made lj bonus and fencing weapons better. Dexxers are good on uof. As far as I know, only certain com players run with horned runic blessed armor. Is it a problem? I don't know, because I don't play dexxers. My armor is usually between 25-32 even with armored shroud, because I'm too lazy to repair my leather sets every hour.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
I agree with this.... you shouldnt be able to have more than 35 AR and be able to med(I dont play a dexer). Dexers get no love on this shard... its sad to see such a fun/newb friendly class be basically worthless here.

Lexington

Grandmaster
Please refrain from flaming.

BUT, is it just me, or is it ******** that mages now run with 40-50 with ease and up to 67 AR (is record ive heard) - more than most warriors...

When gold runic war hammers/spears literally tickle such players, it is kinda stupid...

Anyone that pvps, knows what im talking about, and will also find the fact that exp pots are doing more damage than melee kinda stupid...

Don't flame.... respect my suggestion but be assured I will not do the same. Sounds fair? *shakes his head*

Anyways you're probably have a valid point when it comes to melee balance damage, especially with second comment involving EXP pots. There is no way EXP pots should be doing more damage than a melee weapon. There are a lot of you that probably have better ideas when it comes to the proper medable AR ratings and I'll leave that to you... but I never understood why we don't have a longer delay for using EXP pots. You can literally throw one right after the last one explodes. Seems a bit OP to me?

Sandman

Grandmaster
I would say lower the med rate. I know a year ago you meditated faster in regular leather then spined leather. That same concept should apply to ANY leather over whatever the equivalent of Invuln leather ar would be.

Arch Enemy

Grandmaster
If dexers can have vanq runics I don't see why mages shouldn't be able to have barbed runic leather as well. It costs more to faction bless a whole set of armor than it does 1 weapon anyway. And with the way macing destroys armor, you really have to keep up on the repair of your armor as well to get the full benefit of it. So in my eyes it seems like dexers already have it easier than mages when it comes to runics. I really don't feel like we should punish mages in any way.

Mages can run with high AR... dexers can run with higher AR... 133 AR in fact with full invuln plate and invuln heater shield. If a dexer has less AR than a mage... he's doing something wrong.

btw I get 69 AR with my barbed runic suit and clothes, but I only wear it for ctf. No way I'd ever wear it in the field unless it was blessed.