Classic house vs Custom House

Struan

Expert
Ok. I've played for a few days now and got together some money.

I am in the need for a mining house. I was looking for something quiet and generally pk free with no spawn in immediate area..and obviously not more than a screen away from mining.

So I bought a house placement tool and went looking. I found a prefect spot for a small brick house.

What I don't understand is how the custom house vs classic house works. If I place a custom house do I then need material to build it..or do I just get to design it as I see fit.

Do I need carpentry or any skill to customize it?

Does it cost more for the custom once it is placed..ie..do I pay x amount per wall?

Do i get two floors with the small custom where I can only get one with the classic?

Any help is appreciated.

Jager

Grandmaster
If you do custome you have to build piece by piece with gold, no skill is needed, and i think you can make up to 3 floors? not 100% and classics are just a small stone and plaster or a small tower type thing

Livid

Expert
A classic house is just a static house you can't change. Also, if/when you demolish it you get a deed back. Deeds CAN be stolen, fyi. If you want to place a classic house your best bet is to go buy the deed from the vendor, it will be cheaper than from the placement tool. Also, people will sell their old deeds as well.

Now, a custom house is just a bare plot when you place it. You then use the sign to customize the plot how you see fit. It will then cost $X to finalize that customization and make the plot turn into it. This is cool because you can do whatever you want. And you can change it in the future if you want. If/when you demolish a custom house you will get gold back, not a deed. And the gold you get back is a whole lot less than the plot cost (not what you've spent customizing it, just to place the original plot). When you go to place a custom house it will tell you how many floors it is, either 2 or 3.

The only skill required to customize it would be if you want crafted items inside. AKA, forge, loom, spinning wheel, etc.