Craftable relics

yourdaddy

Grandmaster
I once played on a hardcore shard where NPC sold nothing. Whatever you needed, you needed to ask other player to gather or craft. That being said, I'm not asking for such anything that radical (even tho I think it would be a good idea), but the principle here inspired me.

The meta buzz has been awesome. It made me play again after a 6 months break. It added some utilitary end game, and we don't have to trash our gold in wearables and rares now to feel like we progress.

But it's only for tamers and gank squads. There is a crafting issue on UOF. Legendary crafters invested a ton of gold in their characters (remember these 2 million 120 blacksmithy PS?) and they can be put to use for some items... but they are mostly deco only. What if they were useful? Better, what if they were in the center of the actual buzz?

Craftable relics, which would work the same way other legendary recipes do (semi hard to find recipe, hard to find materials, high cost, etc.) could be implemented. They could be of any sort... Why not even a slayer relic?

I feel like a big part of the population wants the tamers to have a harder time, because apparently, they get their gold too easily (those people seem to forget the time and gold initially invested, and the dedication it requries... but anyways). Now, why won't ask tamers to give their gold to other dedicated players?

:)