Crafting magic armor

Anjin

Master
Hiya - noob crafting question - I've got slayer weapons figured out now I'm wondering about magic armor. I've read and understand slayer armor but what about shields? Can you craft invuln shields etc and if so, how? Is this what runic hammers do?

Markess

Master
Only with runic sewing kits, no shields or smith items like volco said. But using Runic sewing kits with the tailoring skill is another story and does in fact create runic magical armor.

deldalton

Neophyte
Only with runic sewing kits, no shields or smith items like volco said. But using Runic sewing kits with the tailoring skill is another story and does in fact create runic magical armor.

Is it still true that it's not possible to craft magic smithy armour? Is there a strong reason why you can craft magic leather armour but not magic metal armour?

I've read some other posts that claim that AR values from medable runic leather suits and runic bone suits completely overwhelms anything a blacksmith can make. That doesn't make sense to me...

https://www.uoforum.com/threads/question-about-armor-in-uof.38390/:
A regular GM crafted barbed suit, which is totally medable gives a 31AR. A runic spined suit ups 10 full points to 41 and a runic horned suit jumps 17 points to 48AR. I do not know the stats for runic barbed as I have never got that kit, but am sure there is another lg jump. Keep in mind...these suits are totally medable.

I have also did further testing with a horn kit using bone to craft a horned runic bone set. Now this is the most insane crap I have seen. You will fail alot even at 120 skill making the pieces, a few charges will be burnt to have all exceptional but the results..Incredible. 64AR with no dex loss. That horned suit trumps anything made with ingots, and the only thing that is comparable is fortification/invul plate suits that crush your dexterity.

Last edited: