CUB - Clean up Britannia

Babethoven

Grandmaster
I believe StarBaby had mentioned this.... we might need to push this issue a little more, ...pretty sure theres alot of people with hoardes of might/force etc etc CRAP 1. just taking up space in their houses and 2... why horde crap items FFS!!! only things i keep are invul+fort with mods, power/vanq +15 or higher, everything else gets sold to vendors for the 500gp per power/vanq/fort/invul pieces.... no point in keepin the items that won't give you a decent chance to live!!! sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh

Nihilism

Grandmaster
Yeah, I mentioned this the other day even again in a diff thread.
And months ago.
I'm in the middle of writing a proposal up to the staff regarding how it could go down.
Ideally, the gist of it is:

Ticket system, just like the original was.
1 for normal weap, 2 ruin, 3 force, 4 power, 5 vanq
Same deal for magical property armor

Gold 10k for 5 tickets (not sure yet how to clear out some of the obscene amount of dono floating around)

All of which could give some legitimate prizes upon turn in (nothing OP) just like pure white trash barrels or something.

AND/OR All tickets can be turned in towards the next Raffle prize

This can/will do two things, clear up the item count, and also serve as a potential gold sink.

Again, I'm still drafting up everything, so any additional thoughts would be great.

And months ago.
I'm in the middle of writing a proposal up to the staff regarding how it could go down.

Gold 10k for 5 tickets (not sure yet how to clear out some of the obscene amount of dono floating around)

All of which could give some legitimate prizes upon turn in (nothing OP) just like pure white trash barrels or something.

This can/will do two things, clear up the item count, and also serve as a potential gold sink.

Again, I'm still drafting up everything, so any additional thoughts would be great.

Pure white bone mask.

50k coins, 5m gold or 10m tickets (make them roughly equal cost whichever method is chosen)

Problem solved.

Shane handed a few out on test server and they were glorious.

Nihilism

Grandmaster
Yeah, I like that it devalues the dono's to 100k/per.
I'm trying to get a bunch out of circulation, or at least devalue them to the point where they're not the primary currency. I'm all for them being a currency, just not a be all end all.
I like that dono's support staff. Don't get me wrong. But the more people we have that just empty their pocketbooks to achieve shit in the game, the LESS interaction we have between players (dungeon farming/pvp etc).

The more ideas the merrier. Keep em comin'.

Would be great to kill a lot of birds with one stone.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
how bout people stop trying to sell ruin weps and force+ skinning knives on their vendors :D
maybe they just need to raise the amount u get for shitty magics when selling to NPCs so people are more inclined to let vanq go when its on a garbage wep type

Nihilism

Grandmaster
how bout people stop trying to sell ruin weps and force+ skinning knives on their vendors :D
maybe they just need to raise the amount u get for shitty magics when selling to NPCs so people are more inclined to let vanq go when its on a garbage wep type
A) Some people will just try to sell/keep the shittiest of things... Just a fact of some people. Personally, I don't keep anything below +15 vanq. And even then, I'll usually leave it on the corpse unless it's a bow/kryss/kat/hally etc. The fact that their shit DOES sit on the vendor and never sells, this can prompt them to be like "well, shit, it ain't selling anyways, may as well turn them into tickets".
B) Raising the amount you get from vendor NPC's would bring a lot more gold into the game, this proposal is aiming at both cleaning up the server save times, as well as taking gold out of the game.

Edit: Not knocking your idea outright or anything, this is just my personal take on it. Not saying you're wrong and I'm right or the other way around. :)

wreckognize

Grandmaster
tickets, another currency. Another new vendor type for it, ticket vendor. would add diversity.+1 and easy enuf to do

talking about CUB makes people start hoarding tho, just sit back and let the GMs do it if they want to or not. Im sure the GMs will know when it is the right time to add CUB anyways. They just made worldsaves like 3 times less frequent, which is great for those of us who actually noticed it.

Don't these sorts of events just lead to people hoarding items for the next CUB?

Yep, that's my worry as well,.
Rather than do a clean up britannia event,. how about just a permanent effect where all items trashed give you a few ingots or boards - with a tiny 1% chance of a new rare color or such?

Coorhagen

Grandmaster
Remember a long time ago when all creatures would drop fur if you skinned them? It might not help with the lag but I really think they should add them into the game again because they made good floor mat decorations.

illusion

Master
Remember a long time ago when all creatures would drop fur if you skinned them? It might not help with the lag but I really think they should add them into the game again because they made good floor mat decorations.

That is super off topic, where were you going with that?

illusion

Master
And months ago.

I like this idea. I have enough items in my house, I'm hoarding stacks of force and power weapons and I don't know why, I'll never use them. I'd rather trade them in for a ticketing system and get some pixel crack type sandals or something.

Undeadenemy

Neophyte
Rather than do a singular clean up Britania event, why not do the CUB, and at the same time introduce a Trash Currency. Have a redemption system for some cool stuff for tons of trash points. Modify all existing Trash Barrels to dispense this currency upon deletion of the item in question to the person who put the item in. This does 2 things:

1) It causes people to reduce large quantities of items in a burst of activity.

2) It encourages players to continually trash items to build up trash credit, rather than horde until the next time they do a CUB event.