Votes: 78 72.9%
  • I don't care.

Votes: 8 7.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tofy

Master
Terrible Change. Stealthers just gonna be hidden and attack a def talisman user while surrounded by mobs... lose his def tali perks and die quick. Wish this would of been brought up a lot more before being implemented.

Ranker

Master
Terrible Change. Stealthers just gonna be hidden and attack a def talisman user while surrounded by mobs... lose his def tali perks and die quick. Wish this would of been brought up a lot more before being implemented.

My question is, if we see this, why can't they? Or if they did why did their brains say, This sounds good..... Unless there is a way to make sure that if you are already fighting monsters that you can't lose the bonus if someone attacks you. And don't us dexxers already have a hard enough time doing champs and high end mobs? Now you wanna make it even harder? So tame or go home? Just curious as if I should be packing it in?

Peav

Grandmaster
Awful change, The Defensive talisman relics as well as talisman became the worst PVM talisman to be obtained. Comparing the rest high damage dealing talismans and their ability to also wear slayer armour and have 20% swamp dragon reduction almost is comparable to mid level defensive talisman. Zerker talisman user can use an alt or a friend to bandage him to never lose health every 4 seconds or even kite around the mob to heal up easily. A Defensive talisman user cannot solo a Balron or anything which out damages his 'superior tankiness'.

Additionally the defensive talisman is the hardest to grind since it gives the least XP per damage from the other talismans.

Theres a famously known statement:
The best defense is a good offense.

....And this talisman doesn't serve either :^)

Last edited:

Lexington

Grandmaster
Keep in mind that we can remove mechanics like these if they continue to cause an issue. We typically try out something like this and collect data on if it was effective or not. If not, we can revert if we choose to.

What change?

I see "eppy-Today at 8:56 AM
Defensive talismen and swamp dragon damage reduction no longer works when engaged with any player in combat"

Worst mistake ever!!

Like some have said it opens the door to griefing.... not to mention those who spent 100's of hours leveling it to specifically protect themselves against mobs while involved in PVP combat.

Last edited:

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
8 out of 10: Good change - talismans should not affect PvP, even indirectly.
3 out of 10: Poor execution - the defensive bonuses should disable if you are the aggressor (ie. attack another player), the defenders should not disable, until he attacks back, becoming also an aggressor.

From what I understand when the talismans were implemented they were never meant to affect PvP in anyway. This is a change in line with those beliefs. There are still a couple of other relics that have a minor impact on PvP that should also be changed. I've heard them said many times, I'll list the Vivify for a mage, since it's the only talisman I have, and can really speak too. That meta daemon is quick, and FS's a lot when level 10. It should really drop to a regular daemon, if a mage turns aggressor.

Sir Angus

Novice
Terrible change, like it's designed for griefers.
If I get this right, I'm fighting a blood ele paragon on my dexxer, then some griefer double clicks on me from a distance and I'm getting flamestriked for 70hp instantly?
What about champs? You're surrounded by 20 mobs (as it is intented with the use of leech and recoil relic), some idiot atacks you from a distance and you lose all talisman protection, insta death?

If you want to make it harder for murderers then just disable it for reds altogether, or disable it for the attacker only.

TyroneG

Master
At a certain point you need to make a stance. Do you want PVM additions (talismans/metas/etc.) to be applicable in PVP or not - need to make that stance and stick to it regardless of if it is gonna make people upset or angry, whether or not it has existed in that capacity for a week or a year, or whether or not people paid millions of gold and/or spent a lot of time acquiring it.

Need more options on your poll indicating whether or not you own a defense talisman. Too many people will only suggest changes that will benefit their own self-interests. Case in point - Genocide Pete was completely against talismans when he first came to the server. He did not want them functioning in PVP. Once he acquired a defense talisman his opinion did a complete 180 and now he vigorously defends talismans.

One change I do suggest to go along with this is that players should reveal themselves on attacking. This should have been added even before this talisman change.

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
@TyroneG What's your stance on the fact that a Defense Tali can be wading into mobs, attacking, and a player can come along, and turn his defense tali off?

I think it's a good change, and the talis shouldn't be applicable in PvP. But right now, it's still applicable, in that a player can use that as a huge opening move, a grief tactic even. If a player is attacked, they should be able to walk out of the spawn and attack back before the defense reduction disappears.

That said I don't have a defense tali yet, only a mage tali - so take that for what it's worth, but like I posted above, I still think there are other relics like Vivify that could be tweaked along the same mindset of not working in PvP. Even if it's not a common build for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.