Destard champ spawn

Doobey Magee

Grandmaster
I did my second champ spawn tonite. It was pretty fun.

A friend suggested that I ignore all that I've heard about ! And give them a shot.
Shockingly nice group of people.

I died once near the end from being to heavy. lost a paragon chest and a 25 vanq bow.
But its hard to care since I had already dropped 20k, 4 paragon chests, and about 8 skill scrolls in the house vault.
When the champ died I ninja looted 5 bows.... All were horrible.
Had 4 vanqs in my bags at the end. And lastly a 105 Provo ps.

Far better then the lord oaks I did previously.

The only thing I didn't like was the commitment. Took a Like 2 hours and I had to refill on arrows 3 times at 400 arrows each.

It was fun though. I'll definitely wanna try again this weekend.

tama

Apprentice
Nice score... I need to get off my arse and look for a guild that do these... They sound like fun

Bapes

Adept
How does the whole event start? I sometimes see that area filled with hundreds of monsters, then when no one kills them I guess they just disappear or something. But what triggers the initial spawn?

Doobey Magee

Grandmaster
How does the whole event start? I sometimes see that area filled with hundreds of monsters, then when no one kills them I guess they just disappear or something. But what triggers the initial spawn?
i was wondering the same thing , he said it takes 3 people on the podium, i really wasnt following along closely enough. i always thought the gms started them, but i was wrong

Nihilism

Grandmaster
Uhm, you were stopping and looting as you went?

Albeit bad, they must be nice indeed to backpack you along for your loot.

Tonycakes

Grandmaster
Guilds like mine who champ everyday don't like people to stop to loot, as it slows down the spawn :) Also it takes 3 people on the alter to start any spawn and there is a 2-3 hour timer from when it is completed to when it can be reactivated.

eppy

Grandmaster
I did my second champ spawn tonite. It was pretty fun.

A friend suggested that I ignore all that I've heard about ! And give them a shot.
Shockingly nice group of people.

I had the opposite experience unfortunately. I was also my second champ and immediately upon starting my dragons on the spawn I was attacked by a blue ! member. Same guy then killed my guildy and after finishing us up, resed killed me immediately. Not sure what the deal was.

Doobey Magee

Grandmaster
Uhm, you were stopping and looting as you went?

Albeit bad, they must be nice indeed to backpack you along for your loot.
why would looting effect anything, im a bard archer, i never stopped fireing , went through 1200 arrows, and barded every 10 seconds o_O never even crossed my mind that i shouldnt loot

Nihilism

Grandmaster
I've never been in a guild with people that have looted from spawns in the 8-10 yrs I've been doing them.
Guess it's just me. But was an insta-kick if it was done.
In your case, archer-bard, it's fine on paper. Providing mana bar is empty from other casts. Just never heard of someone intentionally slowing down spawns otherwise.

Doobey Magee

Grandmaster
well thats good to know, they didnt mention not to loot, i wasnt running around looting lizardmen or anything, but i checked every paragon and if a skill scroll popped up from something beside me i grabbed it.
glad i did though prolly made 100k in skillscrolls

limlight

Grandmaster
Looting low end mobs is waste. But people saying yiu shouldnt loit lichs on undead spawn are morons. Ive gotten nice taming scrolls off liches

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Decreamos

Grandmaster
I've never been in a guild with people that have looted from spawns in the 8-10 yrs I've been doing them.
Guess it's just me. But was an insta-kick if it was done.
In your case, archer-bard, it's fine on paper. Providing mana bar is empty from other casts. Just never heard of someone intentionally slowing down spawns otherwise.

Dumbest shit ive ever read.

Sent from my LG-P714 using Tapatalk

berticus

Grandmaster
Glad you're enjoying it so far doobs. The first round is typically just statue browsing. Second round is a little better. Third and fourth tier the lewt gets good. When there's enough tamer shields and archers it goes fast. We did deceit in maybe 40 minutes the other day. Just depends on turnout.
! Isn't bad people entirely, just circumstantial douchebags. Happens to the best of us. We have a lot of fun, too. Almost always people on doing something.

Sent from my HTC One VX using Tapatalk

Doobey Magee

Grandmaster
Glad you're enjoying it so far doobs. The first round is typically just statue browsing. Second round is a little better. Third and fourth tier the lewt gets good. When there's enough tamer shields and archers it goes fast. We did deceit in maybe 40 minutes the other day. Just depends on turnout.
! Isn't bad people entirely, just circumstantial douchebags. Happens to the best of us. We have a lot of fun, too. Almost always people on doing something.

Sent from my HTC One VX using Tapatalk
I didnt mean to insinuate i was looting crap. I didnt touche a snake or lizardman. I didnt even touch dragons.
I specifically looted paragons, and i would just position myself near any ophids about to die and snatched scrolls when i seen them.
Which is why i only looted 20k, it was just on paragons/ scavenger at the end when gold spawned everywhere.
Im lazy as shit. if you saw how much stuff i left behind on thunts.... you would know. i aint bending down for scraps.
But i get what they are saying, looting would slow down alot of builds, tamers, and archer bards are prolly fine to loot.

honestly i need to get more active in my tamer.
I have touched him since i macroed him on the first night, so hes just gm music, peace, mage, eval, med, and like 51.2 taming.
i just wanna save up and buy/farm all the scrolls, i dunno why i cant do it, but i just cant sit there and tame

when we gunna hang out bert? i likes to kill shit <3