Died on the ship and can't go back

cudjoe

Apprentice
I died on the ship and then used stuck and came back to Britain. How do i get back to ship now?

halygon

Grandmaster
  1. Buy another ship to sail out there
  2. Recall off of the Ship Key (if it is in your bank box - good practice)
  3. Wait for the ship to decay or get sunk - it will then appear in your bank box

Li Meiyang

Grandmaster
Yeah, bank the runes. If neglected to do this you're gonna have to scour around the area you died in with another ship. That's why I always try to be aware of my general vicinity.

Yesterday, I had some pirate attack my fishing vessel, so I just recalled my fishers away. Then I couldn't recall back cuz he blocked the recall spot with a table. I went out kill titans and stuff for a couple few hours (got lucky too and found a Taming SS!) figuring the blocking object decayed, but it hadn't. Took a fisher out on another vessel to find and scuttle it, but the stupid pirate was there waiting for him... three fkn hours later! NP, back to doing other stuff for me, killing titans, RL, reading, forum, etc. But this pirate hung around for hours and hours just keep me from getting my ship back. He got NOTHING off my ship or toons save a couple recall scrolls. :rolleyes: Finally like six hours later I managed to get out there and regain the vessel. Some people really need to get a fkn life! Seriously, what kind of dipshit spends their day doing something that petty and dumb? I guess some retards on UO just have serious mental issues.

halygon

Grandmaster
actually we dont have ship keys anymore. we get two runes when we place a ship, both go into your backpack though. So if he died on the ship with both runes in his backpack then best bet is to get another ship to sail out there.
Yeah, lol, I mean runes.

Deadpool

Grandmaster
i solved the problem. thanks anyway. i'll put one of the runes to bank from now on.

Definitely the best way to do it. Keep on on you and always put the other either in your bank or house just so you always have a way to get back. And if you're extra paranoid (like I can be sometimes) you can always, once down to 1 rune, find shore, drydock the ship, and then place it back in the water and voila, two runes again and you can put one in the bank as stated before.

Glad you got it taken care of!

Li Meiyang

Grandmaster
Paging GMs constantly about everything is good, it keeps them working and the economy rolling. :rolleyes:

(Like I'm one to talk, I paged them twice yesterday... but that was a serious bug issue.)

But seriously, try to get player advice and figure stuff out. Losing track of your boat isn't a reason to page a GM. JUST GO LOOK FOR IT!

Li Meiyang

Grandmaster
:p

Sorry, no it's fine. In fact, if I lost track of my galleon I would probably do the same thing as a last resort since it costs 2.5 mil.

Furync

Grandmaster
Just a noob questions from a guy who doesn't have a boat... can you just put one of the boat runes into your runebook?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Biff

Novice
More importantly how do you get off a boat if you're dead without using the unstuck method?

Mordoc

Master
well you didnt say you was in the middle of the ocean........you can try using help stuck option on your paperdoll, or if you have a ring of forgiveness you can use that once every 24hrs i believe. if neither of those options are available to you then you will have to get another boat and sail out to your boat, use a grapple hook to get onto your boat to rez your other char.

also i think if you log out and then back in it will kick your char to the nearest landmass.

just some advice for novice fishermen......when you place your boat in the water you get 2 boat runes. keep one of the runes in your pack and the other rune place in your house so an alt char can use it to recall to your boat and rez your fisherman if they die