Does Fishing skill affect loot?

Trokair

Apprentice
I've pulled up 12 MiBs now, great fun and some great loot but I am looking for Vanqs to charge up a Talisman and so far I pulled up 1 out of all 12 chests. I'm only GM fishing currently but I read a post by Shane that said that MiBs were one of the best ways to get Vanqs for this (the other being Tmaps). Will higher fishing net me more vanqs? I assume not but wanted to ask the question anyway. Cheers.

Daddys Money

Grandmaster
Higher Fishing will help with whirlpool fishing. You will also pull more MIB's an hour with higher fishing. I would make a T hunter and do maps for the vanqs, preferably lvls 5 and 6

elfyburk

Expert
When I farmed vanqs all I did was lvl 3 and 4 T-maps. Have a deamon summoned and an organizer agent with all weapons + gold. Pick the lock, target the chest with your org. agent and you are done. I didnt even bother with the spawn or any other items and it takes like 2 minutes to do a chest. Just bring some cure/heal pots as it might get hectic with all the spawn.

Trojandrew

Grandmaster
the higher fishing just helps with chance of getting a rare off a whirlpool and chance to fish up osiredon. you need 115 for osi, and @120 fishing you have like a 2% chance at rares