Donation/Goldsink idea: Increase bank size

bradley-

Grandmaster
I think it would be pretty neat if there was something on the donation vendor and/or the goldsink vendor that would increase the number of items allowed in my bank. 125 items just doesn't seem like enough sometimes. I know some people will say to just get a house.. But.. Meh... I honstly have no good argument to that, but I still want a bigger bank box! :)

Thoughts?

Gedron

Master
I think this is a good idea. Maybe per 100k you can store an addition 10 items (or xxx amount of weight) up to 5 times or something???? That would eat 500k out of someone pretty quick... per character, as well. I could see that being a good one if it could be implemented.

As long as upgrading your bank storage is less economically viable than buying a house, and doesn't allow something crazy like 1,000 item storage. I think this would be a good gold sink, but 100k for 10 items seems a bit harsh. Perhaps something like 150-200k lets you hold 250 items in your bank instead of 125.
The only problem I can see happening is if you make it too cheap to do this, it will detract from the housing market.

to be the first person here to say this...

definitely NO. any way shape or form.... NO.

i will not elaborate on why this is bad. if you do not know this, then you are ignorant.

Harken110

Expert
I am kinda 1/2 and 1/2 on this idea. People say houses cover the job but honestly I am having a hard time not exceeding the limit in my bank and my house. Granted I may need to upgrade my house from the 2-story villa to something bigger but the problem with that is most land spots are already taken so I'll have to go through another player when it comes to purchasing a bigger home. Unless I am missing something.

S

Shane

we could do this but there would be a max making housing worthy, always.

Ranker

Master
I am kinda 1/2 and 1/2 on this idea. People say houses cover the job but honestly I am having a hard time not exceeding the limit in my bank and my house. Granted I may need to upgrade my house from the 2-story villa to something bigger but the problem with that is most land spots are already taken so I'll have to go through another player when it comes to purchasing a bigger home. Unless I am missing something.

Hoarder! Lol jk, but yeah I can see people filling banks and houses. But upgrading your house will help with that.

we could do this but there would be a max making housing worthy, always.

youre kidding right? this is a terrible idea. if anything at the least it should be like 10 mil for an extra 10 slots. please tell me that was a joke ol sport.

Riversilk

Master
to be the first person here to say this...

definitely NO. any way shape or form.... NO.

i will not elaborate on why this is bad. if you do not know this, then you are ignorant.

This is a forum.
If you don't care to elaborate, you shouldn't even care to post in the first place.

--

I second this, as long as houses market still goes on! (and i think it will be so, since it seems there is so much request for houses)

limlight

Grandmaster
Id love to hear a logical reason why 25 more bank slots for 250k is bad for shard. If ur reasons are
1. Lol ur lame
2.how can you u not know?
Then ur an idiot and dont have a reason. I only use my bank to hold a couple mil in checks and the rest is literally garbage. Magic items yet to be id or regs

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

it promotes the hoarding of more items without the fear of ever losing them. it changes the whole dynamic of uo.

if you run out of room in the banks of all of your chars, you have to put things in your house.

if you run out of room in your two houses, you have to consolidate and get rid of shit.

this is how uo is and has been and should not change.

more people with more room in their banks means more items across the server, which means longer save times, longer load times, and more lag than previously.

thats exactly why there were events like clean up briannia. the goal was to get rid of your useless shit like people should do anyways. not to go in the very opposite direction, and give people more room to hold items.

if depositing gold wasnt an option here, i could understand running out of room in your bank for gold, but even thats preposterous. THAT is why it is a bad idea. if you dont care for it, or understand it, dont pay attention to it.

Babethoven

Grandmaster
LOL gold sink and you guys are talking 100k-500k? wow........

hope they never implement such a ridiculous idea, even if they do it needs to be 1 mill for 5-10 items THATS a goldsink

limlight

Grandmaster
Lol i have a max storage house and a castle that is empty practically. Increased bank size is simply for quick bank drops. Wtf do you care if my 40 unidentified items are sitting in my bank or castle.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk