Double Smelting Percentages

eppy

Grandmaster
I had a few minutes today and I have been wondering about my double smelt rate for a while. So, I smelted some ore.

115 Mining
74/102 attempts were doubled for a 72.5% rate. No food or drink, completely empty.
64/97 ~ 66% completely full of food and drink.

118 Mining
64/107 doublings for 59.8%, no food or drink.
63/101 for 62.3%, completely full.

I think I will stop wearing my gloves..... I actually noticed this before doing these numbers. I can single smelt valorite with the gloves on, but iron seemed to not be doubling as much. The number of data points is pretty low though.

Last edited by a moderator:

clutchxo

Grandmaster
I had a few minutes today and I have been wondering about my double smelt rate for a while. So, I smelted some ore.

115 Mining
74/102 attempts were doubled for a 72.5% rate. No food or drink, completely empty.

118 Mining

I think I will stop wearing my gloves..... I actually noticed this before doing these numbers. I can single smelt valorite with the gloves on, but iron seemed to not be doubling as much. The number of data points is pretty low though.
Any chance we can put in some kind of petition to have 100% chance to double smelt Iron ore at 120 skill?

Don't mean to resurrect, but I'm huge in the mining game and I hate when I'm 120 mining and I double 50% of the time.

Bromista

Grandmaster

115 Mining

118 Mining

http://www.uoforum.com/threads/an-mining-oddity-when-smelting-between-115-120-skill.34399/

clutchxo

Grandmaster
@Shane @eppy @Adam
Kinda sucks you're in the middle of the expansion, any chance you can spread some light on the mining situation? Fine tuning skills like this def. make QOF on this server worth every penny.

Tantreghan

Grandmaster
Just seems..bugged? Put on gloves, and your smelting chance increases, but your doubling ore chance takes a hit? Where's the logic in that.

It ain't right. I have 120 mining, when I wear the gloves I still rarely double smelt. With 120 and gloves not only should my iron chance increase allot but my bloody shadow ore should have a chance also lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk