ELEMENTS OF WAR event

girana

Grandmaster
maybe read the news there is a pic of rewards ....

0yZbc8K.png

Skye Wolfbane

Governor of Trinsic
I've noticed something I'll post here since the other War of Elements thread has turned into the usual flame fest.

For archers in particular, I was using slayer weapons but unless there's mods to it, they're not worth it. I used a might, exceedingly accurate bow last night and was killing the elementals way faster without having to go "whiff, whiff, whiff," 10 times in a row when a GM archer uses a bow without the mods on it which really needs to be fixed, imo.

Anyway, hope that helps some archers out as many slayers are GM made, but have no mods on them.

[Legato]

Master
After instantly dying yesterday on my archer, losing my slayer bow, from stepping into a red portal (no clue it would literally drop me in a sea of monsters), I equipped a GM bow to try again and noticed just this. Equipped a magic bow and was doing well in terms of actually hitting until the next wave respawned on top of me and I noped out.

These events are amazing, but certainly need work. Hopefully this is addressed come today/tomorrow.

Young Star

Grandmaster
It's already been addressed the whole system is pretty much finished being totally revamped from the ground up in every single way.

http://www.uoforum.com/threads/war-of-elements.75853/#post-573084
Just turn the event gates off until the new system is implemented. It is just getting new people killed.

As for archers. I always prioritize accuracy mods over damage mods. It doesn't do you any good getting extra damage if you are missing all the time. Not only that but for these invasions as they are being scored now, you get score bonus for not using slayer weapons.

[Legato]

Master
well puting in work is always a big part in mmorpgs
Not work in terms of effort on the player, but work for tweaking the system to make these events shine. Seems like shane and team didn't let that feedback fall on deaf ears. eager to see how its revamped.

And im certainly not new to UOF or UO in general, but Ive only stepped into these gates twice before. Both times prior were I guess random yet safe locations. The last time was the worst location possible where I couldnt even move, or get off a recall. Lucky experiences prior didnt give insight into a potential bad experience. Seems like an oversight shane and team realize and are fixing

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
Does talisman work for this event? I read thx like u dont get better score than not using it

Talisman right now work and also give you more points.

Talisman in the new system will work as normal, however it won't give you more points over those who do not have one.

Ariakan99

Grandmaster
Talisman right now work and also give you more points.

Talisman in the new system will work as normal, however it won't give you more points over those who do not have one.
How is this going to work? Points per mob limited to its hp or something similar?

nine21cp

Expert
It will include all points? part 1. 2. 3. 4
When you play with a different account, do you get a penalty? ?? part 1. 2. 3. 4 all ? each is

Last edited by a moderator:

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
Mages can still knock out a group of elementals with their talisman AOE giving them more possible points meanwhile a dexer can only take out one target at a time. The advantage is in the mages hands now.

Skye Wolfbane

Governor of Trinsic
it's now [invades as explained in the War of Elements main thread. But does anyone know how to combined the crystals?