Enable chain exploding purple pots

eppy

Grandmaster
These were experimented with recently so let's talk about how it went and if they are worth having.

I like the traps you can make with them for instance but the insta kill on stun and Para is a bit of a turnoff. So let's hash it out.

Peepin'Tom

Grandmaster
I think the whole trap thing is awesome!! It adds another element to the game that is completely impractical, but quite FUNNY!

Guwap

Grandmaster
Easy to counter if someone is paying attention. Hilarious to watch if it works. Emergent gameplay at its finest.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shini

Master
ZzZzZzZz ..... (✖-✖)

How about fix the broken explo pots right now since the stackable pots change ?

K A Z

Grandmaster
ZzZzZzZz ..... (✖-✖)

How about fix the broken explo pots right now since the stackable pots change ?

it's already to the list.

As to chain explo pots: Yet another neat feature that is destroyed by third party assistance programs (just like potkicking for example). Sucks dick. but thats how it is.

Gareth

Apprentice
Please don't enable this. With all of the ability to script now, someone is going to figure out how to machine gun on the run and hit with everyone. Alchy Hammer's are bad enough without throwing in chain explos.

God.RG

Grandmaster
lol @ lolz asking for traps to be re enabled.. after paging and getting us jailed for trapping them.
if purple pot traps are enabled, blocking moongates should be too.

Jeitarium

Master
Stun isn't quit long enough to guarantee an pot trap kill. Calling it "insta kill" isn't quite accurate. I understand that it seems instant to someone who doesn't know what is happening... but first the attacker has to put the pots down (where they can be scavenged), then the attacker has to set off and land a purple pot, which takes 4 seconds.

If someone gets parad without trapped pouches to escape, they are dead anyway. Exp, para, exp, para, exp para.

I really hope this feature gets added back in, the game is a lot less fun without it. I found myself playing less this weekend.

halygon

Grandmaster
Stun isn't quit long enough to guarantee an pot trap kill. Calling it "insta kill" isn't quite accurate. I understand that it seems instant to someone who doesn't know what is happening... but first the attacker has to put the pots down (where they can be scavenged), then the attacker has to set off and land a purple pot, which takes 4 seconds..
Sure about that? If it were me, I would throw a pot(no cook) at the stunned guy, run beside him and axe a box. Would take less than 3 sec altogether.

Jeitarium

Master
Sure about that? If it were me, I would throw a pot(no cook) at the stunned guy, run beside him and axe a box. Would take less than 3 sec altogether.

You have to stun first, make sure you're not stunned yourself (or you will die too), click the pot, drop the box, arm an axe, throw the pot, break the box, and take 1 step back (or you will die too).

I was never able to do it with a stun against anyone who tried to run. It only worked against those who tried to recall.

halygon

Grandmaster
You have to stun first, make sure you're not stunned yourself (or you will die too), click the pot, drop the box, arm an axe, throw the pot, break the box, and take 1 step back (or you will die too).

I was never able to do it with a stun against anyone who tried to run. It only worked against those who tried to recall.
Yeah it would be a good feat to pull off by yourself for sure, but you could coordinate the stun with a 2nd fairly easily if you are in call.

Jeitarium

Master
Yeah it would be a good feat to pull off by yourself for sure, but you could coordinate the stun with a 2nd fairly easily if you are in call.

That would save you the time it takes to equip the axe, but that's it. If you have a crew of two and land a stun, you're better off syncing exp FS with a fs scroll. Please add the traps back, the funnest thing to do was hide the pots under hides and trick ppl into standing on them! Took forever but was so worth it! More creative ways to play makes the game better.

Jeitarium

Master
Eppy had a great idea to make the box blow up if you chop it, that would get rid of his main concern.

My suggestion is to have the timer on the reaction pot start over, thereby making it take twice as long to get someone.

I know I'm the only advocate for chain purples, but that's because they never really got going. Loads of fun to be had.