Enchanced hirelings..

Streets

Grandmaster
Ok this is just a fun little idea on a idea forum don't tar and feather me.

Would like to see the npc hirelings expanded on. They offer alot of fun and flavor and can add to the Pokemon like activity this server seams to favor. I know this is a thing as I have personally visited golem fights and chicken fights I know people would do this type of thing.

What this is not:
A competitor to meta pets
A super powerful weapon
A tool to be overpowered
Game breaking

What it is:
Flavor to a sand box game
A tiny bit of utility (maybe)
An open door for players to created activities for themselves (explained below)
A role play tool
An expansion on something already in game

Pros:
Fun!
Should not require alot of coding
Most of it is in game already
Already has most features in game
Not locked to just tamers.

Cons:
Not for everyone (some people just don't like flavor in game)
Not really end game content (this is just for fun)

The idea is we have npc hirelings in game. While a fun mechanic Out side of when you are new they serve little use. They have little to no sentimental value.

If we slightly expanded on this where you could bond with them (you can actually with an instant bond deed bit they will quit still when they run out of funds.) And pet ball/summon them (you can with a instant bond deed and summon ball) you could really have some fun.

It would be fun to have them react/respond to trigger words

It would be fun to build mini teams for 2v2, 3v3, or even 5v5 hireling battles/arenas.

Would be fun to train them (note: not level them like a meta I mean just training stats/skill

Could be used as a sink. As we have tons of trophy's and low grade magic weapons. For example a hireling that wants a specific trophy to work or bond instead of gold? Maybe boost to crafting market? If someone is silly to equip high end items just for a 100 or so hit point hireling well more loot to the pk or removed from the server when they die.

Could slightly expanded hirelings for flavor? Mage hireling, rogue hirelings, etc this would be a blast for hireling battles.

Could be rare hirelings though out the world to find and track.

Role play potential includes using in house (with trigger words to make own quests.) To decorate housing (mage the hireling turn gold/un attackable) and use up house lockdown space to keep things in reason. Dress your hireling like an ork! Imagine of orc clan had this tool!?

Options are endless. So what is needed to expand npc hirelings?

Well from my testing they can be bound to you. And you can link them to pet summon balls. You can even Rez them. The problem needing to fix is when you do Rez them they come back naked so a way to dress them like vendors. Also a way to store them when off line. Currently you can't stable them. Lastly they go wild or quit a way to make them more permanent is needed.

Option #2 would be an item that you could upgrade that would summon a hireling. This object could be upgraded (an item sink) that you could customize. Then if the hireling quits or dies you could summon another.

Again this is just an idea I would love to see in up forever and I know players have asked for in other players run shards. Its not something to solo end game content so not game breaking. Just an idea and an opportunity to have some fun. Any chance or potential @Shane @eppy

Streets

Grandmaster
Want to also point out as another sink is maybe some sort of license (bonding deed) for a hireling. This will prevent things from being a common thing. Say 500k or 1 mill gold for a license/hireling bonding deed this would stop it from being a common thing while still allowing people to buy a few for hireling arena battles, role play, and such.

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
Hell just make hirelings the way the used to be in OSI; they would stand guard for hours as long as the gold you paid them covered the time with none of that '<hireling> doesn't see their master'.

I'm their employer and a merc doesn't care if I'm around or not as long as I'm paying them. The ghost idea is pretty cool; like if they die while still in my employ I'd have the chance to rez them.

Stabling them in an inn sounds like a nice idea too.

There'd need to be some balancing; mage merc would be vastly supperior to even paladins since paladins would always use what is essentially 'vendor' quality gear while the mage has magic which is entirely skill based. Have the mage only have 50 HP, or something.

Take the idea even further. This whole game is based on D&D (#RichardGarret #KingOfTheNerds). In D&D you can have companions whom are always 2 levels behind you. My point is merc skills could be maxed at 75 points rather than 100. Something to make them weaker, but still helpful.

Streets

Grandmaster
Hell just make hirelings the way the used to be in OSI; they would stand guard for hours as long as the gold you paid them covered the time with none of that '<hireling> doesn't see their master'.

I'm their employer and a merc doesn't care if I'm around or not as long as I'm paying them. The ghost idea is pretty cool; like if they die while still in my employ I'd have the chance to rez them.

Stabling them in an inn sounds like a nice idea too.

There'd need to be some balancing; mage merc would be vastly supperior to even paladins since paladins would always use what is essentially 'vendor' quality gear while the mage has magic which is entirely skill based. Have the mage only have 50 HP, or something.

Take the idea even further. This whole game is based on D&D (#RichardGarret #KingOfTheNerds). In D&D you can have companions whom are always 2 levels behind you. My point is merc skills could be maxed at 75 points rather than 100. Something to make them weaker, but still helpful.

You can bond with them and Rez them but they still quit on you :(

Hell I would even be happy with an item that summons (creates) them when clicked as of right now they are a hastle to keep finding to finding them to hire them.

I don't know if they need to be as weak as 75 health/stats. I mean tamer had pets well over 100 and they added even stronger meta pets. I am not saying make it meta but even 100 Heath is 1 shit some times. It would have to depend on the class too. Maybe they start out at say 60 stat/health and could be tranied to 100 hell even swamp dragons and beetles are tougher than that and you can have that with no taming.