Farming

Matthew II

Journeyman
So I have been playing for close to 2 months now (played back in 97/98) and now have a GM Tamer. What now? What are the good spots to farm with a tamer? When I played back in 97/98 I never did any PVM, just PVP, so I have no idea which locations are the "upper" tier mobs.

Thanks for any feed back!

Bunnky

Grandmaster
I'll sell you a upper-tier-monster-only Runebook, but I sell it at 200k. I make 120k/hr with it though..

Sent from my ZTE N9120 using Tapatalk

PalleB

Apprentice
Go to any of the runebook libraries around and take a look at their hunting runebooks. That'll give you some ideas.

Qualtar

Master
So I have been playing for close to 2 months now (played back in 97/98) and now have a GM Tamer. What now? What are the good spots to farm with a tamer? When I played back in 97/98 I never did any PVM, just PVP, so I have no idea which locations are the "upper" tier mobs.

Thanks for any feed back!

A few posts down some guy is boasting about making 120k an hour, which I guess under the absolute most optimal conditions can happen, but is not the norm. Thats 2k a minute every minute of the hour. LOL, not to mention recall to bank, grab more regs and or aids, recall back to spawn, avoid other players, handle other spawn that gets in the way that isnt lucrative. ETC.......... It always makes me chuckle when I see a post like that.

Anyway, back on topic. When it comes to loot I guess its all about what your looking for. Straight cash money.... arguably no place compares to Covetous lvl 4. Werewolf\phoenix\reverent lion\skeletal drag spawn is insane. Heavy spawn and quick respawn rate. You have to stick and move because these bad boys lay down the hurt. Even seasoned players find this area challenging, but the payoff is incredible. Mobs wack each other really quick with a decent bard. Which is a great compliment to a tamer when it comes to shear farming power. Magic really only falls off the poison eles and skeletal drags there,{skeletal drags have a chance to drop skill scrolls and I have pulled animal taming off em} but the gps is over the top. 800-1000 gps drop per kill. Being a little more sincere about what one can truly make...I carry a very small amount of regs to have more carrying capacity, and simply because the mobs are moshing each other. 12-14k every 7-8 minutes. Recalling and squaring away regs caps that off to a 10 min total per load, give or take a min or 2, sometimes its just a straight up recall back and forth. This is constant. Non freaking stop. Working alone with no interruptions, and no deaths. 80-85k an hour. Straight cash money..

Bunnky

Grandmaster
I wasn't boasting at all sir. Just showing the sell price of the book is easily made back. Its ok if your skeptical. 2k a minute is about right. I rarely see reds, don't waste my time trying to steal kills or grief, and I keep moving. I'm a provo tamer, I can manage every mob on the screen. I loot every gold piece and valuables. I even take breaks.. On a good day I make more.

Qualtar

Master
I wasn't boasting at all sir. Just showing the sell price of the book is easily made back. Its ok if your skeptical. 2k a minute is about right. I rarely see reds, don't waste my time trying to steal kills or grief, and I keep moving. I'm a provo tamer, I can manage every mob on the screen. I loot every gold piece and valuables. I even take breaks.. On a good day I make more.

Sall gude bro...I dig it. Nothing I like more than a dude sticking to his story. 2k a minute for 60 minutes which includes recalling to unload and reload any supplies needed. Not to mention dealing with pets, feeding, dealing with other people. I love it man. I just outlined in absolute clarity what can be done, but before you start saying how uber rad your character is and such, how do you account for the obvious time needed to bank and supply? Not to mention deal with other obstacles in your way, from reds to noto to simply blues in the spawn? Lastly, what the hell drops 2k a minute anyway? I need to farm there. By all means though, stick to yo guns bruh..

Bunnky

Grandmaster
Yes. When I go out I bring 80 regs. The only time I recall to drop off is when I get 10k gold. I lock it down in my house, then recall to another spot. I carry 1 instrument and 100 bandies. When I do restock, I do it with 1 button from 1 bag taking about 30 seconds, and that's maybe.. Every 6th run? I'm not even sure but rarely. Blood elementals, balrons, ancient liches, pyroclastics.. And every paragon I see. Trust me when I say I'm not the bragging type.. I'm just saying.. Maybe I'll use PM next time to avoid this.

Dewderonomy

Grandmaster
You have one account with a beetle hiding to "bank" your gear and then recall out when it gets full. Lather, rinse, repeat, all while the money-maker keeps on truckin'.

Bunnky

Grandmaster
And to be compeletey honest, I have better avenues for money.. I barely farm because of griefing issues. So when I do, it's off-hours, and I usually get jacked on caffeine to micro manage everything clearly. I could go more in depth but I won't, because I don't have to. I also have no reason to lie..

Qualtar

Master
Yes. When I go out I bring 80 regs. The only time I recall to drop off is when I get 10k gold. I lock it down in my house, then recall to another spot. I carry 1 instrument and 100 bandies. When I do restock, I do it with 1 button from 1 bag taking about 30 seconds, and that's maybe.. Every 6th run? I'm not even sure but rarely. Blood elementals, balrons, ancient liches, pyroclastics.. And every paragon I see. Trust me when I say I'm not the bragging type.. I'm just saying.. Maybe I'll use PM next time to avoid this.

No man. There is nothing to avoid. No need to use a pm. This is solid. No one is saying you are not the man dude. I am certain your character or characters are all righteous and such. You are CLEARLY missing my entire point from my first reply up until now. There are simply not enough ticks in the clock to validate your claim. I do love the way you continue to justify your claim, and am aware you need to pop from place to place to have fresh spawn to mosh, this alone is a major thing that will slow you down. Back to the over the top claim over 120k per hour. Again, this is 2k per minute hitting on all cylinders for 60 full minutes with no issues what so ever. No recalling in and other blues are in the spot you wanted to mosh, no roving bands of notos, nothing to get in your way of 2k a minute every minute you are on the prowl. Gude stuff man.

Dude. Even before they pulled the old school Gauntlet spawn out of Hyth lvl 4 the most you could get in gps run off Abs Horror and Shadow wyrm would be around 4-5k would take a min of 5 mins to hammer it out dealing with garg and imp spawn as well. Not to mention dealing with pets.

I love the way dudes with solid character builds dont think others run the places they chill. Dude..I been to em all. I do em all. Unless your boys are running with you, and helping you with spawn, it aint happenin. But go ahead with your last futile rebuttal, I have made my point and am not responding again.

One last thing...We are talking strictly gold pieces obtained in said hour, not potential gold to be made from selling uber magic obtained from mobs. You know what though man. I would be willing to make an in game wager with you. If you got the nad, I would run with you for an hour. You make in gold pieces what you claim, 500k to you, you make a gp less 500k to me. We can settle this shit real quick. Have an observer from your guild and one from mine to witness this monumental event.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bunnky

Grandmaster
Lol did you just challenge me to a gold farming duel?

Yes, I mean strictly gold pieces. On days I decide to farm, I farm 2 piles of 60k, then stop, because I push myself so hard, i'm worn out by then, and yes sometimes I break for a cig even before then. I solo farm, and recall almost on top of the mob I'm going for, because that's how my Runebook is setup. Ask anyone you want, I only go out with friends/guild occasionally, and I don't do it for the loot.

Holy hell you seem mad. I'll show myself out. Believe me or not I could care less. I'm glad neither of us will be derailing this thread anymore.

OP PM me if you have any questions. Sorry your thread got bombed :-(

Qualtar

Master
Aww no one was answering the poor guy, besides your posts were far more entertaining...Naw man..I am just messin with you...I could care less wut you farm and where you go..Farming duel. LOL that was gude huh?

Nanashi

Grandmaster
I can easily see how this is actually possible. The way I usually hunt is how he does it, especially on a tamer bard. My recall puts me right in front of an available chest that takes a moment to drop or restock using razors agent. 2k or more after he kills a mob and than some (armor,weapons,jewels) not accounted for but still gold when you sell it. When I was farming the other day I made almost 50k in one hour recalling and dropping shit off after reaching 10k. I use an archer bard, so how fast I can kill a mob is the question and certainly even faster on that tamer. Trick is to know what to farm. If killing two mobs gives you 4k lets say, well than that 2k per minute just doubled in 1minute of fighting. I am certain the harder monsters I haven't farmed yet, drop far more than shame does where each elemental drops 1300-1500 gold.
I am not trying to cause a fight for I am obviously too dimwitted to even try lol. Just agreeing with the man for being efficient with the tamer.

Matthew II

Journeyman
Thanks for all the good info Qualtar and Bunnky.

Don't think I want to spend 200k for a rune book. I wend to a library and marked a bunch of spots i can jump around too and should be able to pull decent cash/ss drops out of it. Even got an +1 Taming SS this morning.

I will definitely give Cove 4 a try and may add that to my "run".

Thanks again! And if you do the "farming" duel, you guys gotta let me know who wins :)

Bunnky

Grandmaster
Anytime friend :) Glad to hear you found some good spots on your own. I didn't expect you to buy the book honestly, lol. There are people out there that do, but it makes me happier to see players figure stuff out on their own. That's what UOs all about after all!

Oh, and welcome to the server :) congratulations on your tamer. Good luck!

Nanashi

Grandmaster
Thanks for all the good info Qualtar and Bunnky.

Don't think I want to spend 200k for a rune book. I wend to a library and marked a bunch of spots i can jump around too and should be able to pull decent cash/ss drops out of it. Even got an +1 Taming SS this morning.

I will definitely give Cove 4 a try and may add that to my "run".

Thanks again! And if you do the "farming" duel, you guys gotta let me know who wins :)

What monsters drop taming scrolls?

Qualtar

Master
What monsters drop taming scrolls?

Several. I will name the ones I have gotten off of. Titans, Balrons, Rat mages, Skeletal drags, and Shadow/Ant wyrms. I am sure there are more. Another thing I have noticed is that Opid matriarchs drop a hella lot of provoke scrolls, peace as well, but provoke seems tobe what I yield the most. Good luck.

Sarphus

Journeyman
120k an hour is definitely possible under this ruleset on a provoke char. I used to do that all the time back in the day on OSI servers. I could make more than 120k an hour taking a couple pack horses with me and hiding them but that was pretty high risk :)