1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

February 27th, 2015 - Faction Updates

Discussion in 'Patch Notes Archive' started by Staff, Feb 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bksdaduo

bksdaduo Master

Nov 23, 2014
    bksdad, goddamitlingling
    Are we going to get any explanation for the quicksilver nerf or is it going to be ignored?

2. Staff

Staff Young Player Help

Feb 11, 2013
    Yeah, it was nerfed because it was so overpowered that it wasn't even funny. You could kill high end regular mobs in 2-3 seconds. For instance, a level 9 QS relic proc was lasting for 20 seconds and had the ability to kill a balron in 2 seconds.

3. bksdaduo

bksdaduo Master

Nov 23, 2014
    bksdad, goddamitlingling
    That's a bit exaggerated.. I've only ever noticed QS lasting about 1s per level and at level 8 I've never killed a balron in under 10-15s and that's combined with maxed bloody/molten.

I've already made suggestions in the other 10 threads on the issue but a 70% reduction in stamina and halving the proc time was a bit much.

The only thing that quick QS kills helps with is leveling the meta, no one is getting rich farming balrons.

4. Staff

Staff Young Player Help

Feb 11, 2013
    I've witnessed someone killing a balron with a QS proc in about 3 seconds. It happened multiple times.

5. bksdaduo

bksdaduo Master

Nov 23, 2014
    bksdad, goddamitlingling
    So is there any intention of looking at the reduction again or are you telling the people that spent 300+ hours leveling quicksilver to 10 to get over it?

Quicksilver itself isn't killing a balron in 3s. 100 damage from bloody, 80 damage from molten PLUS quicksilver (Level 8) and firebreath/flamestrikes still takes 10-12s to kill a balron.

A FULL proc of quicksilver from a level 6 meta w/ level 8 quicksilver will do anywhere from 200-600 damage.

How is that remotely OP if it takes 300+ hours to level the pet/relic?

You can do 600 damage in 10s dual clienting with a bow.. at least the meta costs you $50k to skill scroll it's skills up again when it dies.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2015
  6. bksdaduo

bksdaduo Master

Nov 23, 2014
    bksdad, goddamitlingling

I saw your post about putting damage/length of time back and increasing cool down to 2 min.

If you follow someone with a quicksilver relic you'll notice that sometimes it doesn't even proc after the normal cooldown timer is up. I'm sure there's a compromise in it somewhere.. is the length of the proc really 2s per level? I've always noticed it to be more like 1s.

7. Promyvia

Promyvia Apprentice

Aug 2, 2013
    BTW, the info says Trinsic and Yew have the same sigil (Wealth)

8. rinster12

rinster12 Journeyman

Jan 8, 2015
    Harribel
    very vague information on the faction system.

9. Jack Merr

Jack Merr Grandmaster

Oct 30, 2014
    YourUltimatum
    Can I propose a few changes that I think a majority of the shard would agree with?

1. If you are a factioner or red and u are flagged (someone attacked you) you should not be able to use teleporters (in houses), access house doors, or gate/recall.

The reason: tired of killing one guy in a 3v6 and the other five run in a house. It's really hurting pvp...

2. No boats should be allowed near the back of COM base.

The reason: people use cannons/evs to interupt faction pvp inside the base... Huge disadvantage.

3. No Tamers in factions. If u have taming, you will be removed and not allows to join

The reason: with all this meta pet crap and being able to mount a flagged war horse, it's nearly impossible to kill a tamer one v one on any template if they simply hold a g heal. Factions and UO is a game of skill, not items... Or in this case pets.

It's really dumb to have to fight a group of ten when they have pets and ur running with 5-6... And obviously one v ones are pointless... @Adam @Shane

10. K A Z

K A Z Grandmaster

Feb 26, 2013

this is funny coming from you, blessed agapite warhammer cowboy.

4 people like this.
  11. ScooterUo

ScooterUo Grandmaster

Apr 26, 2013

remove tamers.. but also remove runic weps

2 people like this.
  12. Sseany4209

Sseany4209 Grandmaster

Jan 13, 2015
    whats with the qq over runic weps and tamers??? most tamers in factions are just farming meta xp lol

13. Jack Merr

Jack Merr Grandmaster

Oct 30, 2014
    YourUltimatum
    It's easy to dirt a warrior. Why don't we test this... I'll get on a tamer with 2 meta pets. U get on any char of your choosing (not a tamer), and we will see who wins I'll put up 1 mil to ur 100k. 10 to 1 odds for u.

14. Jack Merr

Jack Merr Grandmaster

Oct 30, 2014
    YourUltimatum
    Lol no problem. We don't give a crap about the weapons. We only got them because we r fighting tamers with ten guys behind them.

15. Jack Merr

Jack Merr Grandmaster

Oct 30, 2014
    YourUltimatum
    In other words. The only reason we got those weapons was so we can pump enough damage to kill a tamer (and still get redlined mind u) like I said, UO is about skill.. Not items or pets... But it's quickly turning that way...

16. Jack Merr

Jack Merr Grandmaster

Oct 30, 2014
    YourUltimatum
    No. They are coming in with 10 guys and being Turds when they already significantly out number us. I'm talking 2:1 out number us... which is why we made aggy weapons so we can get the quick kills. Anyone complaining about the aggys should realize it's the tamers faults :/ sorry not sorry

17. ScooterUo

ScooterUo Grandmaster

Apr 26, 2013
    they why are the half of you always on dexxer?

18. Jack Merr

Jack Merr Grandmaster

Oct 30, 2014
    YourUltimatum
    Because we r fighting ten people including tamers and meta pets

19. ScooterUo

ScooterUo Grandmaster

Apr 26, 2013
    we almost have none dexxer and no tamers we u guys always have 2-3 dexxer With runic wep... only tamer i ahve seen is aem

20. Jack Merr

Jack Merr Grandmaster

Oct 30, 2014
    YourUltimatum
    There also comes the problem of mana. With wands 3 guys can kill a group of 5 back to back. Here, 3 guys can kill 3 of 5 back to back. My hammer takes 0 mana.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.