Forum Search Tool?

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
Was the forum search tool removed?

There used to be a lil box in the upper right area at the top of any given forum so you could search a topic; a handy tool to have when looking up information or past posts.

@eppy @Shane

Peav

Grandmaster
Was the forum search tool removed?

There used to be a lil box in the upper right area at the top of any given forum so you could search a topic; a handy tool to have when looking up information or past posts.

@eppy @Shane
fd13176a95454ee289031e5e15eacea7.png

I didn't mean literally lol. did you try restarting your comp... or try a different browser... also try loggin in and out. of your forum account as well. :)

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
It's been missing for longer than a day. I used to use it a long, especially right around the time I made my signature. It's been missing for sometime I just hadn't realized it; I don't often play this game sober. The site also loads INCREDIBLY slow, and I was willing to chalk that up to the DDoS'ing that was happening at the time, but here I am in November and forum pages take 1~3 minutes to load and often fail to open at all. I usually need to open 3~6 new windows for each hop: New Posts, thread visits..... I can't tell you how bothersome it is to make a new thread or upload a picture.

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
@eppy @Shane thoughts? suggestions?

I'd like my search bar back. It's not my connection because other sites are not effected, and when I ping this site I get the standard 77ms response I would expect; meaning it's this sites response time to me from your end. Somehow my service requests are being DRASTICALLY slowed.

shirtandpantsman

Grandmaster
@eppy @Shane thoughts? suggestions?

I'd like my search bar back. It's not my connection because other sites are not effected, and when I ping this site I get the standard 77ms response I would expect; meaning it's this sites response time to me from your end. Somehow my service requests are being DRASTICALLY slowed.

your understanding of how the internet works makes me chuckle

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
@eppy @Shane @JoeB

Looking for some tech support/explanations here. This is pretty serious.

Logged site response time to 18~20 seconds with page inspection. Ping is still fine, which means it is the site.

...So much code....

Shortbus

Grandmaster
You are the only one having a problem. Its on your end.

Delete chrome history to beginning of time.

Check IE or FF.

Log out of your Chrome profile. Try the default profile. Yours could be corrupt.

Incognito mode maybe? I didnt check that.

Malware/Virus could be in play. Java/Flash update.

As I say you are the only person having the issue so its not on the forum end so staff probably wont help you.

But what do I know...Ive only been working on computers since my Commodore 64.

Last edited by a moderator:

ickylube

Neophyte
You've been "discouraged". Makes posting a real *****. If u would like to view and post to forums normally again, I would promise to be less of a douche and ask for discouragement to be lifted.
Otherwise, log out of forum account to surf normally and only log in when you have something important to say. Kinda what whoever did it to u intended.

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
You are the only one having a problem. Its on your end.

Delete chrome history to beginning of time.

Check IE or FF.

Log out of your Chrome profile. Try the default profile. Yours could be corrupt.

Incognito mode maybe? I didnt check that.

Malware/Virus could be in play. Java/Flash update.

As I say you are the only person having the issue so its not on the forum end so staff probably wont help you.

But what do I know...Ive only been working on computers since my Commodore 64.

Deleted history already.

Checked IE already; same thing.

I've always used the default settings for chrome, but I swiped it anyways. Still no search bar.

I always use incognito mode. The search bar was there before.

Malware or Virus? If a virus is only effecting this site (and it is the only site effected) it stands to reason the attacker is inside this community.

I've been working on computers most of my life too; mostly geared toward the hardware end instead of software. Thanks, Shortbus for being the one person with SOME positive attitude, and helpful suggestions.

I'd like to point out the amazing about of trolling coming from other forum posters in a thread asking for help, especially trolling from a staff member. This isn't the PvP forum, or some other place where shit-talking is the normal. This is the general discussion where we talk about the community in effort to better it.

@eppy @Shane @Adam, I know this isn't a mega corporation, but I expect a little more professionalism from the staff. One of your community members was attacked through your site, your company.

Last edited by a moderator: