[gold sink] A courtyard deed

yourdaddy

Grandmaster
It would be awesome to be able to place a courtyard in a custom house. Just like castles, you could recall in, and you wouldn't be able to place any lockdown or build over it. It could be something like 7x10 or I don't know...

Of course, since the courtyards are the main advantage of castles, it would have to be really expensive. Maybe 8 mils? 10?

Something that wouldn't hit the value of castles but would give the same advantages for those of us who prefer customizing their homes :)

What do you think?

wreckognize

Grandmaster
still would devalue castles even at a high price; proposed solution does not fix original problem.

however if you made it only work on 30x30 or bigger then it would be fine I guess

yourdaddy

Grandmaster
still would devalue castles even at a high price; proposed solution does not fix original problem.

however if you made it only work on 30x30 or bigger then it would be fine I guess

How would it devalue castle if the price of the deed itself was the price of a low-end castle?

wreckognize

Grandmaster
For example, if you own a castle and you are the only player with a rune inside, then when you sell the castle it's worth more.

It's the only circumstance in UO where you know for sure that nobody will be standing next to your house rune with a vanq spear ready to do some dirty deeds for dirt cheap. Because they can't get inside.

Now if anyone could just have the same thing in any old house then it would devalue those castles that are grief-free, which is not an easy thing to accomplish I might add.

My solution as well does not really fix this problem, but at least you need to have a castle sized plot to be able to do it, thus, it wouldn't do too much damage to the value of said luxurious castles because it would be much less common, even less common than with the high price you suggested.