Got killed on ship but no murder count message

Brann Snow

Neophyte
So Pirate fired on my ship and sunk it and I died from ship sinking. Shouldn't he have taken a murder count? I didn't get the report murder gump.

Dewderonomy

Grandmaster
What killed you, the player (via spell or archery), the guns (fire port/starboard) or the actual sinking (you were alive until the boat went under the water)?

You do get to give counts at sea, but this would be interesting to know as the ships say "You received a murder count for killing X!" although you don't actually get a murder count (it's a system message in red, different from the standard "You received a murder count!" or whatever).

Messremb

Grandmaster
Ship agro is very messed up. But Shane said he doesn't care to fix it.

You can actually use boats to give murder counts to people you attack...

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Brann Snow

Neophyte
My ship was fired on with cannons. I took damage and ship caught fire. Took damage from fire and then died when ship sunk. Never took direct damage from player. Just cannons.

By the way, he was chasing my little fishing boat with a galleon. I grabbed my crows nest and recalled home. Went back naked and empty (except for fish) and he was still chasing. Stopped to see what he would do. Sure enough, he started firing. He got some fish and I didn't even have to dry dock my boat. ;)