Greater Dragons?

Harken110

Expert
Are Greater Dragons worth using for farming? Or is a Dragon + White Wyrm combo better? I'd like to know because I am thinking of leveling taming passed 100, however, I will only do this if Greater Dragons are pets worth having, otherwise I see no point to level taming any further.

Reemer

Master
i was wondering this myself. can anyone confirm greater dragons not being able to be tamed?

Harken110

Expert
Yeah Greater dragons aren't tamable. I just logged onto my thief, tried left clicking on greater dragons and didn't get the tame mini menu pop up as I did with the Dragons, Young Dragons and Drakes.

Guess I'll keep taming at 100. Don't see a need to level it any further.

eppy

Grandmaster
I could see a benefit if you wanted to sell dragons and mares and such. You fail a ton even a gm trying to tame the high level mobs, thats why I just bought most of mine.

Messremb

Grandmaster
you get better control over your pets at past GM taming. at GM WWs will frequently not listen but at 110 you almost never have issues. also, expansion has new 120 only tamable creatures.

Bromista

Grandmaster
I don't know what I would do with less than 120/120 taming/lore.

Wyrms listen so much better and never need fed (unless they have been left idle for a while), I rarely fail tame attempts on even the toughest tames, new pets coming out in a month, etc...

Hell even my second tamer has 115 lore and soon to be 105 taming because why not? I'm using a rare white horse and white wyrms so I need the added control but I may switch back to dragon/mares exclusively in which case I really won't need those extra points...but they will be nice to have.

Mostly just in it for the new tameables with the 120.

Harken110

Expert
I don't seem to ever have issues with control with GM Taming and Lore. I usually use a Shadow Dragon and White Wyrm for farming. I though abaout getting 120 taming but I decided not too. But if the 120 tamables from expac are worth it (like taming Greater Dragons) then I might.

Last edited by a moderator:

Messremb

Grandmaster
I wish rare white horse was 2 slots not 3. would make it more useful in farming.

as far as control goes, you must be lucky. I'm 115\115 and I still occasionally have issues. not often, but it happens.