1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heaven and Hell (Event)

Discussion in 'Events' started by Shane, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Shane

Shane Administrator Staff Member

Dec 6, 2014
    Admin Post
    [​IMG]

AUGUST 24TH - 26TH - 2018
    HEAVEN - AND - HELL

“Two ales, please.”

Simpson and his friend Ulysses sat down at the table in the tavern after ordering their drinks. Pushing everything aside, Simpson spread out a map showing a large mountain with an X over a city.

“This is where it is,” Simpson said. “We'll head out tomorrow to this Montor and that is where we will find more treasure than we've ever seen in our lives, my friend.”

Sitting nearby, a man who looked like he had walked among the living for well over 100 years, picked up his head and stared at the two men for a moment.

“If you go to Mont-Or, all you will find is death,” he said.

The two men grinned at each other, amused at the old man as he slowly stood up. He grabbed a large pitcher of ale with one hand and his cane with the other and walked the few steps to the table where the two men sat. Not waiting for an invitation, he sat down at their table, spilling a few drops of ale as his old hand started to shake from the weight of the pitcher.

“What do you know of Montor?” Ulysses asked, earning a stern glare from Simpson.

“Fill up your mugs, lads. 'Tis a long tale,” the old man said, leaning forward.

“The city of Montor took 40 years to build. Constructed on the side of a mountain, it was considered a paradise with waterfalls, lush foliage, and buildings made of bricks from the pink sands of Illshnar. Its people lived in harmony for 20 years in the new city, never knowing or expecting what lies beneath their feet.
    Some historians claim a great volcano erupted near Montor, killing almost all who lived there and replacing the waterfalls with rivers of lava. However, the few who did, tell a different tale – one as old as time itself – a great war, between good and evil, Heaven and Hell that still rages on inside the city of Montor, known to some as Mont-Or.
    What some believed to be a volcano was in fact, the realm of the spirit world being torn open by the great demon, Kal'gedeth who ruled over the most evil of evils in Hell. No one really knows how he managed to create the portal into the mortal world and into Montor; however, the word of his intrusion spread to the heavens and Archangel Uriel was sent with an army of angels to rid the city of the demons.
    The war continues; however, now there is a new threat to the demons and the angels.
    The mortal.
    Paladins and the righteous venture to Montor to fight the evil, while warlocks, witches, and worshipers of Kal'gedeth go to the lost city to fight in his defense.
    The angels and the demons don't want the help of the humans; however, and those with allegiances to either side, find themselves at the mercy of angels and demons alike.
    The only time the war in Montor halts is when their common enemy – man – finds their way into the city.”

“Why do the angels hate humans? Aren't they our protectors?” Ulysses asked.

“They are, but they believe humans to be weak and only get in their way,” the old man replied. “They also don't want the foolish beings who go there to spread the word of the spiritual war only to bring more adventurers into the fray – like yourselves.”

The old man stood and looked at the two men one last time.

“If you decide not to heed my warning and continue on your quest, be prepared to fight both angel and demon. And be prepared to die.”

Simpson and Ulysses watched the old man hobble out of the tavern.

“I heard Trinsic is nice this time of year,” Simpson said, crumpling up the map.
    (Credit: @Skye Wolfbane )

This event will include:
    • New creatures.
    • A new dungeon on a new map.
    • New bosses and more!
    • This event will take place within guard zone, then out of guard zone.
    • Event will start Friday Evening.
    • Top (5) SUNDAY Score's(individual people) will receive prizes (TBA, no doubling)
    • Day (2) and (3) will see new creatures.
    • Day (2) and (3) will see bosses.
    UPDATE:
    Due to an issue that has been fixed now, we will be resetting the points on SUNDAY at 12:00pm EST. From that time until Sunday at 5 pm EST we will be tracking scores. The top scores for SUNDAY will receive prizes, until then we've added some more loot drops for the event for everyone. Unfortunately the multi day point situation didn't pan out as planned, however the event is still going on and people seem to be enjoying it.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2018
    Sir., Akillah, MaryRuthless and 23 others like this.
  2. Zanazaz

Zanazaz Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2018
    I kind of want more details, but the gamer in me wants to discover the details on my own.... In other words I want to find out "in game", and decide if I want to participate. I want to hear from another player whats going on, or a NPC. It's fun to stumble upon an "event"; which has happened to me when I first started paying UO, way back in 2001.

Shane and Decoy like this.
  3. Decoy

Decoy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2013
    Not much has been said yet but I believe Shane said a new dungeon will be opened during this event.

MaryRuthless and Shane like this.
  4. Bromista

Bromista Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2013
    Can we get some more unofficial updates for those of us that can't see the discussion happening in disco?

Or can a brother get a ban lifted? sheesh six months ban for a relatively minor spaz is a bit... overkill

baseball dad and Izpane like this.
  5. Dulcinea

Dulcinea Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    upload_2018-8-18_7-47-48.png

baseball dad and Bromista like this.
  6. Bromista

Bromista Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2013
    Nice, thanks! That's something :)

7. Dulcinea

Dulcinea Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    You're welcome. I am not sure if it is a permanent dungeon/location or if it is only for the event, as it doesn't specify that.

8. Decoy

Decoy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2013
    Pretty sure it was mentioned to be permanent.

9. Shane

Dec 6, 2014
    Admin Post
    Story and information has been added!

Morgy, Bromista and Elizabeth Gold like this.
  10. AreYouKidden

AreYouKidden Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2017
    Avalon Alduin, Achilles Alduin, Adams Alduin, Axgalor Alduin, Whisky Walt, Luke Thighwalker, AreYouKidden, Rusty Cleaver, The Mad Hatter
    Great Story, and background! Wish I wasn't away on weekends in the summer - going to miss the festivities, but will definitely enjoy the place when I'm back!

11. HeadZona

HeadZona Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2017
    Can't wait! Looking forward to new content, thanks for all your hard work Shane & staff!

12. Lord Core

Lord Core Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2018
    Ryker Core (http://discord.uoforever.com: Lord Core#9930)
    OOOOOOH.... Some of the New Creatures! Fire Steeds for the Hell Team, Silver Steeds for the Heaven Team! and of course Fire Beetles!!!

13. Memphist

Memphist Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    @Shane Hopefuly we also get some action at Central European time :)

ztatic likes this.
  14. Ra's

Ra's Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2017
    Weekend events are the best events

15. joshwrench1

joshwrench1 New Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Do I need to buy UO or download the classic client and do all the finagly stuff? Does the enhanced work or just classic?

16. Medicated

Medicated Member

Aug 9, 2018
    Medicated,
    Nomek
    Go to the homepage and click the connect and play link. Everything you need is in a neat package called the UOF Launcher.

Shane likes this.
  17. Patricus

Patricus Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2014
    Patricus, Malleus, Hesphaestus, Domitian
    Angels and devils alike would be wise to "Fear the Spear" of mighty Patricus.

18. KoldesLives

KoldesLives Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Looking forward to it! Although I think there are higher more important priorities than a new dungeon or new mobs, I'm very thankful and excited about a new dungeon. Excited to see what staff has in mind. :)

19. Shane

Dec 6, 2014
    Admin Post
    Updated information.

Bromista likes this.
  20. Wildboar

Wildboar Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2014