Hello, I'm the Marshal, and your installer is still broken

Malkraven

Grandmaster
Dont uses the launcher if its still fucked.

- Download from OSI
- patch up from osi ( but not all of them)
- launch directly from steam/razor/sallos
- if you cant get the custom files from the patcher im pretty sure they are floating around on the forums or a player cam give you them.

i think its mainly the artgump and the map files that have custom content and you cna play w/o them in 90% of areas anyway

Makes sure you set the client.exe and the assistant program exe to run as admin, winxp (sp3) compatibility, and tick disable visual themes and desktop composition. (windows 7) ( if you have win10 someone else may have more info)

The Marshal

Neophyte
Yup, that's me.
I'm running windows 8.1
I downloaded the classic client and patched, launched steam and still get the same error. It cant detect a suitable client and/or cliloc

halygon

Grandmaster
Yup, that's me.
I'm running windows 8.1
I downloaded the classic client and patched, launched steam and still get the same error. It cant detect a suitable client and/or cliloc
Sounds like it may be more PC specific than an issue with the launcher. I am running win 10 and previously had win8.1.

What error exactly are you getting?

The Marshal

Neophyte
I doubt its the PC. This is a relatively new toshiba satelite, like a year old and it just had a fresh wipe and reboot of the OS. When I start razor, I get two warnings telling me that it cannot find a suitable client and cliloc, and then another telling me it cant find UO data and to set it manually. I tried setting both of said issues manually with the browse function to the correct directory path, but i just keep getting errors and UO won't fire up.

The Marshal

Neophyte
I managed to resolve the issue. The installer for the launcher is indeed still broken. When I tried to use it, it made some conflicting folder that was causing issues with the OSI download i tried to implement after. After wiping everything twice, I used the OSI install first and it worked. My client is still inaccurate, but it's playable.

The Marshal

Neophyte
Nah, everything else on the launcher works fine, but the actual UO installer causes the launcher to crash. Once I downloaded from OSI it works fine.