Hello

Bekido

Hi, names Bekido. Played UO a long time ago back when i was in middle school and my buddy told me about it. Played for a few years on private shards here and there and now some of my buddies decided to start playing here last night :D Seems like a very fun place to play. Ive got a few questions so ill ask here before i make threads somewhere else.

Can you have skills past 100? I saw something about 120 smithing but thought 100 was the cap

Whats a good starting char to make some money? So far ive planned a dexer type of build. Healing / anat / swords / tactics / iono after that.

Are all spellbooks blessed?

Are there rune books?

Is there anywhere to place a house left or do i have to buy one from someone

Any tips for a newb? Its been a long time any advice is much appreciated.

Also gonna be looking for a newb friendly guild most likely so hit me up here if your interested in answering a lot of questions that i could use a search function for but dont want to :D

Xiulan

Master
Hey, welcome. There are runebooks and they're all blessed. The spellbooks you start with are blessed but I think the crafted slayer spellbooks aren't.

There are spots for small houses but if you want something bigger you'll probably have to buy. You'll need 1200 skill points on your account to place a house, so make a couple characters first. Most people recommend a provo archer as a good moneymaker to start with.

You can use powerscrolls to take certain skills (such as crafting, no fighting skills) to 120, which will increase your total skill cap from 700 to 720. It would take four powerscrolls to do so (a 105, a 110, a 115 and a 120). Being above 100 will give you some kind of bonus. You could also drop that skill afterward and it would free up those 20 points to use toward a different skill because the overall cap will remain at 720.

My tip would be to get well acquainted with the wiki because there's a lot of unique content on UOF:

https://www.uoforum.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

Bekido

so far ive got a decent dexer going, swords / tact /heal / anat gna grab magery and maybe resist and and was thinking about parry. my big problem right now is i dont know where to hunt anymore :D been in covetus and a lil in destard with some friends but i just get pk'd everytime i l eave town it seems lol