(Help Request) Getting Started?

Obxolicious

So I just logged in for the first time a few minutes ago and it's great!.. except I have no idea what I should be doing. Are there any guides to help me get started in adventuring? Places to go and such. Thanks in advance!

Malkraven

Grandmaster
Take advantage of your young status - check out the young dungeon while you can. Maybe some graveyards or head out into the wild and kill Ettins and Orges. the lower end dungeons can be hot spots for PKs especially ones that like to prey on younger players

UO is very sandbox so there is no one thing to do people enjoy many different styles of play.
- Get some basic Macros ( a rune book with a safe location rune inside and a stack of recall scrolls, record yourself recaling to the safe spot and use this if your not in a position to fight back)
- Check out the Companions guide books. ( located on the north East corner of Britain west bank)
- Explore kill some stuff and bank some gold. Bards with some melee skills are very good first PVM characters ( no regs/no arrows)
-Never carry what you cant afford to lose especially round Britain west bank ( people can steal from you and alot will kill you given half a chance)
- find some friends or a guild ( there are lots that will offer help)
- Once you have a few days and some Grand master skills under your belt you may want to learn to fight back against other players check out the Dual pits at Britain docks its as safe as it gets and you cant be looted when you die and tbh they are probably some of the best people to help you with PVP advice if they will...
- Above all have fun and don't take the game to seriously or it will drive you mad, shit happens learn to deal with it

if you Stick your in game name in here a Companion can come and talk with you as long as your still young they can point you in right direction maybe help you get a rune book and some scrolls.

EDIT :- oh and check out the guide section here on these forums some players have done some great guides

Last edited by a moderator:

Obxolicious

Thanks for the help! I've just been killing mobs in the newb dungeon for a while now, not sure when I should leave? My in game name is Tendarius.