Help With Gaining Provocation

Been working on my first char on this server, a mage bard.
Ive read the guides on provocation and they all suggested macroing at the bards table. Right now my Provo is at 71.1, I've gained .2 in the last hour of macroing, am I doing something wrong? Do I need to reach a certain percentage first? If so where could I train to that level?

Noticed that I was often provoking a rotting corpse paragon, would that make the difference? Would explain why I had some gains but not many.

Last edited:

the_bubba

Journeyman
I think your skill level is still too low for the bard table - especially for a paragon rotting corpse. You wanna do bone knights (Jholem GY is a great spot) until you're in the low 80's then head to the bard table to GM.

Thank you very much, was what I suspected. Tinkered with my macro a little to grab the closest grey and it's going up slowly with the regular corpses and zombies and such.

the_bubba

Journeyman
Yes I believe so. You'll have better success working the skill on those until you can do rotting corpses. Once you hit 81-82 make sure you change your macro to only target rotting corpses or use an absolute target on a rotting corpse. The only issue you should run into (besides pk or griefer) is someone kills that target. It can be a pain to train AFK but it shouldn't take long at all.

the_bubba

Journeyman
No problem. If you have any issues with macros (razor or steam) feel free to ask, I'll do my best to help. I currently have 2 bards, one archer and one mage - if you need any assistance farming or locations let me know.

How did you build your mage bard?
I went with Eval, Magery, Med, Resist, Music, Provo, and Peacemaking. Mostly so I can handle the single mobs a little better. Pretty cookie cutter, I wonder if Resist is very needed, I do like to go against magic casting mobs often though. Would really like to have hiding where this is my very first gold farmer and its hard to lose even a little bit at this point.

halv

Grandmaster
You will change your bard one day, because the lack of mana will destroy the fun. Music and Meditation are skills with delay and if you need a quick peace but just started med it can be dangerous.
I changed my bard many times. From all 4x bard mage to 3x bard archer to 4x bard archer back to 3x bard archer with magery etc

I dropped Peace for Disco, because it's failing to much even with 120. If you provo 2 mobs i use disco on the stronger one and a bow. It works perfect.
Archery, Tactics, Music, Discord, Provo, Resist 90, Magery 60, Meditation 50, use leather only and with 100/85/40 you can heal pretty well with potions and magery, mana gain is okay. With this template i farm mostly covetous 5 and it's pretty easy until you meet bone dragons. ;)

DrSaso

Master
You can provo bone/skell knoghts at the bard table....but they are a bit further up the corridor, so you can lure them down to the table....but there are liches too that you'll need to kill while luring or the liches wool just wreck everyone macroing xD

Sometimes see people lure liches Judy to kill everyone :p