Hit Chance Adjustment

Sapperman

Grandmaster
Ok so much has changed recently for the dexer in both pvp and pvm. The armor changes were much needed and add a more dynamic play style for dexers.

However, I think a small increase in hit chance for a dexer is needed. On a pvm level, when you fight say orcs with a slayer, your max damage comes out at like 100+ which is awesome, but that happens fairly infrequently with the majority of hits coming in at the 10-35 range, (with a slayer!) then of course its accompanied by equally as many misses.

On a pvp level, mages now have the ability to nearly nullify damage received from a dexer by wearing good armor, as it should. But with GM resist a mage can still drop a dexer with an explo, eb, eb fairly frequently. With the current amount of misses, and I understand the dynamics of wrestling/anat, it proves very difficult for a dexer to have the same killing power as a mage.

The explo pot with full hands helps enormously. However, I think a small increase to hit chance should be implemented. Now before the flames come, I am not saying a dexer should hit every time, but there should be a parallel to how a gm resist's chance to resist a spell and how a wrestle mage "deflects" a hit.

Lastly, with the huge fluctuations in damages that come from successful hits, it would seem you would hit more often but not always for max damage. Basically saying, a two-three hit kill from a dexer should be possible but as infrequent or frequent as a explo, eb, eb kill from a mage.

Thoughts?

halygon

Grandmaster
Mages are also limited by their mana while a dexxor can swing forever.

Resist is already super powerful here compared to other free shards and OSI. In fact, resist should reduce less damage for a more balanced play.

Now to be sure, armor does too much reduction now for the type of weapons available on this shard. But that said, hit chance is just fine as it is.

halygon

Grandmaster
A mage shouldn't be able to wear good enough armor to balance out attacks from a dexxer, period.
They should be able to if the can afford it. The problem is that it reduces too much damage and there are a ton of invul sets of leather out there that were never used before the pvp changes.

Sapperman

Grandmaster
Mages are also limited by their mana while a dexxor can swing forever.

Resist is already super powerful here compared to other free shards and OSI. In fact, resist should reduce less damage for a more balanced play.

Now to be sure, armor does too much reduction now for the type of weapons available on this shard. But that said, hit chance is just fine as it is.

I agree with you here, resist for mage vs mage is perhaps OP, with the addition of MB to the mix there might be a slight lean towards mages, with the armor changes there is def a large lean, my point to a hit chance increase is since damage is very inconsistent, sometimes you hit for 5 and others for 45, it would seem a increase in hit chance would be needed. Now I am saying a SLIGHT increase, if you go to far then you have thrown off the balance too much. But say at any level there should be no reason to miss 4-6 times and then hit for 6 damage.

Sapperman

Grandmaster
An additional point, I don't know much about other free shards, but resist in OSI was very powerful. Numerous skills exist to counter dexer skills but only one exists to counter magery. Im not taking a side here, just a thought.

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
They should be able to if the can afford it. The problem is that it reduces too much damage and there are a ton of invul sets of leather out there that were never used before the pvp changes.
Sorry I disagree. The point of a mage not wearing heavy armor is to balance out and maintain a standard fantasy "realness". You shouldn't be able to take very little damage while at the same time dumping high damage spells and medding through high ar. If you're casting and you get hit you would be distracted from defense and focused on the casting so a hit would or should tend to be a critical hit.

halygon

Grandmaster
Sorry I disagree. The point of a mage not wearing heavy armor is to balance out and maintain a standard fantasy "realness". You shouldn't be able to take very little damage while at the same time dumping high damage spells and medding through high ar. If you're casting and you get hit you would be distracted from defense and focused on the casting so a hit would or should tend to be a critical hit.
My point is that invul sets of armor should be super rare and IF a Mage has one, then the appropriate damage reduction should be done. This should not be an everyday occurrence, nor should the armor be cheap enough to be worn outside of safe zones like the pits.

As it is right now, they are not rare, not worn in only pits, and every joe and jane is wearing a set when they go out to fight.

Sapperman

Grandmaster
My point is that invul sets of armor should be super rare and IF a Mage has one, then the appropriate damage reduction should be done. This should not be an everyday occurrence, nor should the armor be cheap enough to be worn outside of safe zones like the pits.

As it is right now, they are not rare, not worn in only pits, and every joe and jane is wearing a set when they go out to fight.

I agree 100% but currently how would a fix be implemented to make this possible? I know I personally have chests full of fort and invuln armor that I could lose a set daily for months and probably still have some left over. This is why I think the hit chance should be tweaked.

halygon

Grandmaster
I agree 100% but currently how would a fix be implemented to make this possible? I know I personally have chests full of fort and invuln armor that I could lose a set daily for months and probably still have some left over. This is why I think the hit chance should be tweaked.
The hit chances are fine though. The real issue is with weapon damage verus AR levels. These need to be lowered slightly to match the weapons available on this shard. As a mage I have the ability to deal out 80+ damage in less than 4 seconds.. without dexxors being able to deal more damage, mages will always have enough mana to do full dumps.

Sapperman

Grandmaster
So I was thinking about it and my issue is the repeated misses and then hits for minor damage. So what if for every miss your hit chance increased slightly, then once you hit return to normal. My complaint is with both PvM and PvP, currently I can miss up to 8 times then hit for 5 damage. Thats pretty impossible to kill anything. If you only adjust the damage to AR then we are back to where we were prior to the original adjustment except those folks with GM armor or without armor get one hit kills lol.

Memphist

Grandmaster
I also do less damage against GM armor. I fighted with a archer and therefor that the bow is very slow my highest hit was 17 damage(against GM armor). I used a power bow and its true every opponent laugh about that damage, you never kill a other player with a bow. In former time you hit with the bow harder.