Holiday monsters this December.

cups

Grandmaster
I know this gets brought up every holiday month with monsters but I was hoping we could discuss it before the month actually begins.

The fact is holiday monsters need to be changed to either drop more loot or have a higher chance at dropping a holiday chest. I mentioned this before and was told "you have an entire month.." but this October I rolled my dragon over twice and farmed at least 5 days a week for 1-3 hours a day. I got one holiday chest. One... during Easter month I got two chests. I honestly feel it's discouraging killing several hundred holiday spirits all month and getting nothing for it besides a couple skin dyes. If you aren't going to make chests more common it would at least be nice to get gold on par with a paragon.

People have mentioned this to Shane and I remember him saying they could look at increasing drop rates but nothing ever came of it. I just thought that with a week until December we could get the discussion going and maybe staff could look at holiday monsters before they get implemented. Thank you.

cups

Grandmaster
Another idea I had was making it so the harder the monster the higher the chance at a Holiday chest. That way when we have to get the whole gang out to kill a holiday spirit + paragon shadow balron there's a higher chance at a chest then when we kill a holiday Orc in the orc cave.

Cash is King

Grandmaster
I agree - the drop rate is really low and I stopped bothering the last Easter/Halloween because it's totally not worth the hassle of me/pets dying and putting in all that work. I know we can't all win but at least 1/10 should have a chest.

It would also be nice to have higher odds of a statue being in the chest. I've played here for years and farmed a few dozen of these special chests along with a few close friends and not one of us have ever got a statue. Not sure what the statue chance is set to, but an uptick would be nice.

sshhaawwnn

Master
Something has to happen, like he said, a mob that’s already nasty, add paragon, and Christmas, I just recall out. Not even worth messing with. Matter of fact I have seen the same mobs still alive days after they spawned, in popular farming spots. Makes me know I’m not the only one. No reward for the risk.

Young Star

Grandmaster
Something has to happen, like he said, a mob that’s already nasty, add paragon, and Christmas, I just recall out. Not even worth messing with. Matter of fact I have seen the same mobs still alive days after they spawned, in popular farming spots. Makes me know I’m not the only one. No reward for the risk.
Tell people in discord. There are lots of people that like to kill the paragon holiday mobs for good XP gains.

Vorax

Grandmaster
I agree 100% with this suggested change, I'd like to see the chest rate slightly higher than normal paragon chest rate, and the gold boosted to match paragon or slightly higher, these mobs are not as strong defensively as paragons, but they're stronger offensively, making most a HUGE pain to deal with.

Not to mention they can spawn as paragon+holiday and end up as tanky as an RDA/Champ boss, but hit harder and faster than any boss.