Hotkeys in UO disappeared/changed?

Humble_Shark

Apprentice
First, I'm running 2D Client 7.0.15.1 on a Win7 64 Bit machine. I dual client, and up until last night never set up hotkeys on any of my characters (they were all training). Now that my 4 toons are trained, I decided to set up my hotkeys/macros proper.

I plan on using the Razor Enable/Disable hotkey.

So I set up my keyboard (with much thought) so that all of my 'war' actions (damage spells, purple pots, stun punch, etc.) could be toggled with a hotkey, and all of my day to day actions (say 'vendor buy', open door, useskill:med, etc.) were NOT set up using Razor. This way I didn't have to toggle my hotkeys every time I wanted to go to the bank or hide (and I could still talk without firing off spells!)

So, my question is...I got all this set up on one character perfectly. Then when I logged on today, all of my UO hotkeys were gone! All of my Razor setup is there (thankfully), but now I have to re-think my hotkeys because it seems I cant rely on the UO hotkeys (under options on paperdoll) to be saved reliably?

Anyone else have a problem with UO forgetting your hotkeys? I thought all of my characters would have individual UO hotkey setups.

Maybe it's because I dual client, and that screws things up with the UO hotkeys? Maybe I should abandon using UO hotkeys all together!!

Sorry for the confusion and the length, any help is much appreciated!!

halygon

Grandmaster
Duel clienting can prevent UO from saving your settings (or desktop to be technical). Settings are set upon logout and ultimately saved to config file when the client closes.

You may try opening one client and making all your settings, then logout and exit the client before you do the same for other characters.

Once you are sure they are saved, you can again duel client with peace of mind.

Kraden

Grandmaster
Try saving that profile and loading it on your character while running? Also logging out while under the effects of incognito/disguise kit can make it think it is a totally new character

Humble_Shark

Apprentice
You may try opening one client and making all your settings, then logout and exit the client before you do the same for other characters.

That's what I was attempting to do, I had just one client running, set all macros up, tested, then logged off for the night.

I'll test your theory, maybe I screwed something up.

Basically, I thought if I set up one char with my Razor and UO hotkeys, tested, then fully logged out (shut down client) then I'd be safe. I could then run the client again, set up another char the same way, rinse and repeat.

I wanted to set up hotkeys once for all characters (the same). Guess my accounts and toons need a little diversity!

Dellan

Grandmaster
One thing, as haly said: Don't set your UO keys while playing feef and disguised - it makes brand new log for brand new character, with brand new default options and brand none of your macros you set up before. Stick to razor, if you really need to use keys which are used by razor hotkeys, there is.... mmmmm, Pass to UO check under each hotkey.

Humble_Shark

Apprentice
Still losing my UO hotkey settings.

I log in as a character, set a hotkey, test it then I log out. When I log back in, it's not there?

Maybe it's my stupid UAC in Win7 preventing the save to a config file?

Anyone know the file that contains UO hotkey settings?

Humble_Shark

Apprentice
Yea, I did save a profile in Razor, that isn't the problem. I have the default profile, and I added another. Razor works fine.

It's the stupid UO hotkey settings. I want to use them so I don't have to toggle Razor hotkeys if I want to say 'vendor buy' etc...

Basically, I want to set up my keyboard so I can do all the non combat stuff anytime, then if I feel like fighting I can toggle my Razor keys (which use the letter keys on the keyboard) on. So I won't be able to talk while fighting (no 'pass to UO' set).

I'm also looking into Steam. Saw another thread recommending it, and I'm not used to anything yet so I may go that way.

Some red PK'd me in my house, and all i could do is stand there like an ass b/c I didn't have any hotkeys set! :mad: My own fault though

Dellan

Grandmaster
Try running UO in admin mode. I have null idea why this happens to you, but admin mode can solve lot of things. Also, install UO to different directory than Program F(a)ile(d)s, because Win 7 have some trouble with changing stuff in that folder.

halygon

Grandmaster
Try running UO in admin mode. I have null idea why this happens to you, but admin mode can solve lot of things. Also, install UO to different directory than Program F(a)ile(d)s, because Win 7 have some trouble with changing stuff in that folder.
UO saves config files under your documents library not the directory that UO is installed in.

Humble_Shark

Apprentice
Dellan, tried running in Admin mode...nada.

It's really screwey, because in the past (13 years ago) I had UO hotkeys for each toon...I didn't get into UOAssist and such. UO hotkeys saved independently for each char.

To be honest, I wouldn't even use the UO hotkeys at all, but I want to be able to perform 'everyday' actions (opendoor, teleport, say 'vendor buy', etc.) without having to toggle hotkeys...

So, I thought I could assign UO hotkeys (always on) then lay some Razor/Steam hotkeys on top (with a toggle) so I could toggle then fight.

It's cool, and thank you all for all of your help. I think the weakness may lie in my keyboard layout!