How do I get steam to target a mob that I haven't targeted recently.

MZ3K

Grandmaster
I'm using a looped targettype macro to train to discord. I use the macro where there are several of one type of mob. I had hoped that the macro would target the individual mobs of that type randomly. however it always targets the same individual mob. Consequently, whenever the song successfully disrupts one mob, I have to run off screen so that the discord stops affecting it so that I can use the skill on it again.

I tried the 'random target' command from the command list (i.e. getenemy 'gray'... target 'enemy') but that still targeted the same individual mob each time.

It would be more efficient if the macro targeted an unaffected mob each time it looped or even if it just randomly targeted mobs of the right type. Is there a way to program steam to do this?

Hexoplex

Grandmaster
Damn it, I was messing around with something like this for my peace/taming. I was able to get it to cycle through the closest gray(s) on the screen.
I am not in a position to post that, I'll try to remember to do so when I get home tonight.

Try something to the effect of:

target 'nearest' gray
setalias "Discord Target"
useskill "discord"
waitfortarget 1500
@Target! "Discord Target"
pause 8000 (or whatever the delay is)
replay

This MAY cycle through a new target every time it replays. If I was able to play with the code, I could (maybe) make it wait to pick a new target only after a successful discord

MZ3K

Grandmaster
Damn it, I was messing around with something like this for my peace/taming. I was able to get it to cycle through the closest gray(s) on the screen.
I am not in a position to post that, I'll try to remember to do so when I get home tonight.

Try something to the effect of:

target 'nearest' gray
setalias "Discord Target"
useskill "discord"
waitfortarget 1500
@Target! "Discord Target"
pause 8000 (or whatever the delay is)
replay

This MAY cycle through a new target every time it replays. If I was able to play with the code, I could (maybe) make it wait to pick a new target only after a successful discord

Yeah that was enough inspiration. I played around with that and got it to work. Thanks =)