How is scamming rated?

Whats your thoughts on scamming for the scammer?

• Punishment

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Freedom

Votes: 19 76.0%

• Total voters

Sewer Rat

Journeyman
Sometimes you just got to learn the hard way, or don't put yourself in the position to be scammed. Think every step through, if anything seems fishy, just bug on out on the arrangement. If they can get away with it, then you probably didnt research or plan enough on whatever it is you just got scammed for. I vote for freedom.

Last edited by a moderator:

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
If you know that you can be killed at any time by anyone then why do people get a million times angrier when they have an item stolen or scammed?

I vote anything goes that's not a glitch/exploit.

The Gandin

Grandmaster
I don't mean to be rude, but why is this even a topic to vote on? Scamming is, 100%, a part of UO. It's ingrained in the players of the game to either scam someone or watch your shit so your'e not scammed. I remember way back on uoforever I hate a valorite runic hammer for sale. I locked it down in a house and I was ready to trade the house to a dude so he could get the hammer. Mind you, this what back when I was a little more naive. The only reason I even was going to do it through a house transfer is because someone told me to. So the dude I am making the deal with has every excuse in the book why he doesn't wanna do it that way. He finally convinces me (again, I was naive and dumb) to just release it from being locked down. As soon as I do, ghost res in the house who swipes the hammer, leaves house, and runs through the other dude's gate. I didn't even get mad. I realized right away I fell for a terrible scam. Lesson learned.

Shit happens. Scamming is apart of the game. If you get scammed, you deserved it because you weren't paying attention or you're new and need to learn so you don't get screwed next time. It's as simple as that.

Fun fact: Four months later that dude tried to scam my friend out of something and as soon as he pulled it off we came in, killed him, drylooted him, got the gold he was carrying (wasn't a lot but it was a fun bonus), and we got the item back.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
Selling Dye tub *Jet black* 250k -

*Notices that the jet black floppy hat is slightly out of place on a regular dye tub, moves it around a bit so it covers the top perfectly*

Yeah, scamming has been around since that scam was introduced, many moons ago...

i played back in the day, got my first black dye tub after a year of playing, got it scammed,..... learned the hard way. freedom!

Selling Dye tub *Jet black* 250k -

*Notices that the jet black floppy hat is slightly out of place on a regular dye tub, moves it around a bit so it covers the top perfectly*

Yeah, scamming has been around since that scam was introduced, many moons ago...
i thought i invinted that one, either way it was my favorite, along with selling someone a hidden horse instead of the pure mare they thought they were buying

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
In general we've always allowed scamming, except on anything with RL worth like donation coins and items.

However if its excessive, as in if its all one person does on UOFOREVER, log in just to scam, then they usually get the ban hammer.

In general we've always allowed scamming, except on anything with RL worth like donation coins and items.

However if its excessive, as in if its all one person does on UOFOREVER, log in just to scam, then they usually get the ban hammer.
nice so as long as we play poker too its ok :)

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
nice so as long as we play poker too its ok :)

More like being a part of the community in some way. If you don't add to the community, and just log in to ruin peoples gaming experience then what's the point of having that person here really.
That's the rule i've always followed.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
i thought i invinted that one, either way it was my favorite, along with selling someone a hidden horse instead of the pure mare they thought they were buying

A select few used it, another was having access to a big bunch of apples or some other stackable item, keep the large bunch hovering elsewhere, complete trade and drop bunch on pack which bounced into the other players pack, sending them overweight, dropping the traded item on the ground *something like that*. A little UO history from those days past, the reason why most people trade with an apple first even today :).

More like being a part of the community in some way. If you don't add to the community, and just log in to ruin peoples gaming experience then what's the point of having that person here really.
That's the rule i've always followed.

What is a good is a hero without a villain?