I am torn on making a rogue based PvM build.

FeyRogue

Neophyte
I did a dungeon delver build, but it pretty lack luster when it comes to making money.. chests are really not the way to go.

After reading about talismans, I wanted to change things up. However, I am stuck.

Rogue:
Hide/Stealth
Poisoning
Fencing/Tactics

Uh... I have an alch, so I am not worried about healing, but I cant figure out what is the best last two skills.

I do have lockpicking at 95, but I can drop it.

Chediak

Adept
Anatomy and healing! Anatomy will help with your dagger damage also. Consider dropping stealth to 80 and getting 20 magery. With that, you'll be able to cast magic reflect from scrolls (will still fizzle a few times).

EvilAcid

Grandmaster
Been a while since i ran my stealth archer. Whats the difference between 80 and 100 stealth. Thanks.

De Medici

Grandmaster
What do you want with poisoning? Thats a pvp skill.

Archery
Fencing
Ana
Tact
Healing
Armslore
Resi spells

Ludwig

Grandmaster
Is a rogue talisman Thief that actually just steals from PvP with little focus on PvM an actual possibility? Running while stealthed seems nuts.

Elizabeth Gold

Grandmaster
  1. Poisoning only works on low level mobs. Most are immune of cast cures. Dispite there's a relic for dealing more damage to poisoned mobs, I'd recommend to drop this from the template.
  2. How do you intend on healing yourself? Potions isn't going to cut it unless you plan on hunting mongbats. Get healing skill with anatomy. You'll get additional damage from having anatomy as well.
  3. Stealth, not sure what you want to do with that. You can't use mount (or barded mount for that matter, which provides 20% damage reduction). If it's to sneak passed mobs, just run passed them and hide or cast invisibility upon yourself.
  4. Hiding, is usefull from time to time but mostly against PKers to use on the fly. Thats very situational for using 100 skillpoints for. Personally I'd pick magery for that, not only can you invis yourself from mobs while being in line of sight, but it provides lots of other utility as well: Recall/Gate, Heal, Cure, Bless, Teleport, Summons (to soak damage), Polymorph, Marking ... for the same amount of skillpoints.
  5. Resist magic, pretty much mandatory for every kind of PVM activity where you are directly taking the damage.
So to summerize, these are pretty much mandatory:
100 Fencing (or swordsmenship, depending on preference)
100 Tactics (for damage)
100 Healing (for healing)
100 Anatomy (for healing/for damage)
100 Resist Magic (for fighting spellcasters)

Optional, pick 200 skillpoints (in my prefered order):
80-100 magery (for utility)
100 armslore (at max skill you will have increase hitchange on higher end mobs)
60-100 hiding (for escape)
100 poisoning (works situational in pvm / good for pvp)
100 alchemy (for self sufficiency / good for pvp)
80-100 Steath (for I dno, but it has synergy with the talisman)

1. Poisoning only works on low level mobs. Most are immune of cast cures. Dispite there's a relic for dealing more damage to poisoned mobs, I'd recommend to drop this from the template.
  2. How do you intend on healing yourself? Potions isn't going to cut it unless you plan on hunting mongbats. Get healing skill with anatomy. You'll get additional damage from having anatomy as well.
  3. Stealth, not sure what you want to do with that. You can't use mount (or barded mount for that matter, which provides 20% damage reduction). If it's to sneak passed mobs, just run passed them and hide or cast invisibility upon yourself.
  4. Hiding, is usefull from time to time but mostly against PKers to use on the fly. Thats very situational for using 100 skillpoints for. Personally I'd pick magery for that, not only can you invis yourself from mobs while being in line of sight, but it provides lots of other utility as well: Recall/Gate, Heal, Cure, Bless, Teleport, Summons (to soak damage), Polymorph, Marking ... for the same amount of skillpoints.
  5. Resist magic, pretty much mandatory for every kind of PVM activity where you are directly taking the damage.
So to summerize, these are pretty much mandatory:
100 Fencing (or swordsmenship, depending on preference)
100 Tactics (for damage)
100 Healing (for healing)
100 Anatomy (for healing/for damage)
100 Resist Magic (for fighting spellcasters)

Optional, pick 200 skillpoints (in my prefered order):
80-100 magery (for utility)
100 armslore (at max skill you will have increase hitchange on higher end mobs)
60-100 hiding (for escape)
100 poisoning (works situational in pvm / good for pvp)
100 alchemy (for self sufficiency / good for pvp)
80-100 Steath (for I dno, but it has synergy with the talisman)
Would ahh in archry