I can't figure out these connection issues.

Alex

Neophyte
So i play the server pretty frequently. Only issue is even though my connection to the internet is fine, every half hour or so i get disconnected from the server and sometimes i have HUGE slow down every now and then. I just can't figure out the connection issues. Tried opening the ports and even resetting the router but still no fix.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
are you sure its just UO and not your ISP ive had no problems this last week.

try doin a ping www.google.com -t from a command promt and leave it running in the background all day and watch what happens when you get a DC

Alex

Neophyte
im with 02 atm but im in the UK

Gotcha. I hate to admit it but i have Time Warner, because there's not much better here. unfortunately though it's also the fastest i could find with a decent price. but if i'm getting those speeds half the time is beyond me. The only thing that bugs me is that i don't usually have this issue with any other games that i play online. That's why it was weird that UO was giving me trouble.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
check it out while running a ping-t it will at least tell you if its your isp cutting out or slowing down or some problem between you and UOF

Alex

Neophyte
Alright well i just had a major lag spike that lasted a good minute or so, like it usually does when i'm about to disconnect and the command prompt was pinging just fine. only one periodic time out. but other than that it doesn't seem to be my isp.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
No its not your end then i dont know what else to suggest. UOF has been fine for me in the UK this last week.

Are you in the US? you could run traceroute to UOF but its not gonna help its just gonna show you where the problem is...

sorry

Alex

Neophyte
No its not your end then i dont know what else to suggest. UOF has been fine for me in the UK this last week.

Are you in the US? you could run traceroute to UOF but its not gonna help its just gonna show you where the problem is...

sorry

I am in the US and it's alright. I'm not sure what the issue is. I may just have to deal with it for now. maybe it'll get better in the future.