music
Magery
eval
med
Lock
Cart

I get my ass kick even on lvl2 maps.
My last lvl 2 map(spot 108 island)

I dug up the spot and pre casted hide. I came out of hiding as I provoked the 2 liches. Ran a litle away to get ready to drop on the fire ele and I ran into a wrym....The whole spawn was now on my ass casting poison and EB,+ FS

This is pretty indicative of my last 3 maps...i died each time......do I need resist???

What am I doing wrong.......Do I need taming?

IS the problem with my target selection?

Last edited by a moderator:

lummox

Master
Know your surroundings. Always pull bars to make things easier. If you Aggro a caster, run around in circles to not break other Provos.
I have it down to where I Provo everything, pick the lock and have a loot macro going. I then Provo mobs as they come in. I can practically solo up to the highest level on the same build and usually have a Provo archer on standby if a paragon is the last man standing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lummox

Master
Right when the chest is dug up, run away and come back and the Provo. Mobs don't insta aggro unless they are paragon, so you have like 2-3 seconds to run.

lummox

Master
He probably ran into leftovers of someone else's tmap. Happens all the time and more frequently people leave the wurms

Young Star

Grandmaster
You know you can dig maps mounted? You click the map and select dig for treasure and it lets you do it mounted. I know I used to always do it un-mounted by clicking the shovel, then the map, and then the ground. That way you can at least off screen everything quickly if you get in trouble.

Most people use a pair of accounts partied to do it. Digging with one and killing everything with the other.

lummox

Master
Ya, always mounted, so you can run. Have a guy hidden to pick off strong guys. Easy stuff

Dwyane Wade

Grandmaster
Pretty much what everyone else has said. It takes practice getting stuff voted and staying close enough so that the provo doesn't break. Also always make sure you have reflect up!

TraJik

Grandmaster
Hiding on a provo char is CLUTCH for safety. When I had a similar build char I would sacrifice eval for Hiding.

halygon

Grandmaster
As a side note from someone with a similar template - use EVs.. lots of EVs.

I usually cast a couple before I dig up the map, so that they can take the initial aggro from mobs before I provo. Its really anoying to have only one big mob pop up and you have no one to provo them onto.

AssHat

Grandmaster
when you provo and run off screen it breaks the provo, first mistake, second mistake clear the area before you dig up chest, third mistake is you put carto/lockpick on the thunter.

it only takes like 70 carto to open level 6 tmap chest, so using a 2nd useless toon to open chest is way to go, frees up more skills on your real thunter.

doing a tmap without a tamer can be a waste of time, you might not kill the mobs fast enough where you could just be normal farming single mobs around the game.

i liked a provo/archer for tmaps (until i got a tamer)

amonseti

Grandmaster
I Summon a dameon before I dig up the chest, and tell it to guard me.. then once on the 3rd frame of the chest coming out of the ground animation (dont count while in the ground... start the moment you see the chest count that as frame 1) i cast invis on myself . This timing is crucial !!.. once the spawn pops they will aggro the dameon , quickly grab the 4 bars of the spawn b4 coming out of invis and provo the 2 deadlist (casting) mobs and run out a little. and as soon as the cool down wares off provo the remaining 2 mobs at each other ..

most of the time your dameon wont be dispelled yet , but just be prepared on the rare occasion it is.

I also use a 2nd dexer to DPS the charmed mobs .

Why wouldn't it work? You aren't revealed when you loot a chest; is there another factor at play here?
Actually you are revealed.

Also, most of the loot from a Tmap is on the mobs. The chest itself just provides a grab bag of sorts. If you don't kill the mobs, you are wasting a lot of potential loot.

squatchy

Expert
I had the same template, then dumped eval for hiding. I summon a mob and tell it to stay. When the chest spawn pops, I run a few steps and hide. The pops agro on the summoned mob and I pull up bars. Proceed to provo. Once you cleared the initial pop, summon another mob and have it guard you. Then cast EVs on anything that spawns. At this point, I pick the chest fast hoping for another pop. When that happens, I provo the new pop on the one my evs are fighting. I have a scribe I use to create cheap EV scrolls. I can do 5s solo with little problems depending on the spawn. I have not tried a 6.