Infected Wounds Redesign

Decoy

Grandmaster
I feel it's clear that Infected Wounds is considered the worst Zerker relic of them all. I rarely carry poison pots and the mechanic of needing a target susceptible to poison seems antagonistic to the idea of a talisman which is intended to be about dishing out a lot of damage.

I DO NOT suggest we need another tread relic here, but we do need a relic that people are excited about applying to their talisman. It should not always need to be relegated to the last one that is added to the talisman.

Some possible suggestions for improving it:

1. Remove the poison potion mechanic and apply a DoT effect that does not consider a mob's poison resistance. Level of the relic could increase the total damage done, chance to proc on hit, and lower the cooldown. Poisoning could remain as a modifier, for example, for extending the duration of the effect.
2. Remove the poison potion mechanic and DoT completely but instead add a debuff to the mob when it procs. For instance, the mob hits slightly weaker, slower, or has slightly lowered AR. Level would determine strength of debuff, duration, chance to proc on hit, and cooldown.

Edit:

3. If the poison potion mechanic has to remain, make the DoT tick much faster. Zerker talisman users kill mobs fast. You'll get 2-3 ticks on a mob before it's dead, if that. Instead, make it dish out the damage faster: it should tick faster but for less duration.

Last edited by a moderator:

Decreamos

Grandmaster
I feel it's clear that Infected Wounds is considered the worst Zerker relic of them all. I rarely carry poison pots and the mechanic of needing a target susceptible to poison seems antagonistic to the idea of a talisman which is intended to be about dishing out a lot of damage.

I DO NOT suggest we need another tread relic here, but we do need a relic that people are excited about applying to their talisman. It should not always need to be relegated to the last one that is added to the talisman.

Some possible suggestions for improving it:

1. Remove the poison potion mechanic and apply a DoT effect that does not consider a mob's poison resistance. Level of the relic could increase the total damage done, chance to proc on hit, and lower the cooldown. Poisoning could remain as a modifier, for example, for extending the duration of the effect.
2. Remove the poison potion mechanic and DoT completely but instead add a debuff to the mob when it procs. For instance, the mob hits slightly weaker, slower, or has slightly lowered AR. Level would determine strength of debuff, duration, chance to proc on hit, and cooldown.

Edit:

3. If the poison potion mechanic has to remain, make the DoT tick much faster. Zerker talisman users kill mobs fast. You'll get 2-3 ticks on a mob before it's dead, if that. Instead, make it dish out the damage faster: it should tick faster but for less duration.

@eppy is the perfect man for this job.

Zoobler

Grandmaster
Agreed...only part of my talisman that's not maxxed...because it pointless.

With that said...don't get me wrong zerker tali is still imo the top of the 3. Part of what makes UOF great to me.

Dubbish

Journeyman
I agree with everyone. I really like Decoy's suggestion number two.

Dubbish

Journeyman
The debuff idea is huge. Berserkers already do satisfying amounts of damage, but they really have no utility, it would be dumb to make them tanky because that's the opposite of what they are supposed to do. But a debuff is genius, if a monster is getting beat down by a berserker it should have some reduced stats or something. It just makes sense.

Fattson

Grandmaster
I think all of the useless relics should be removed to allow a higher drop rate for useful relics. I don't think infected wounds was intentionally made to be a bad relic, I think the really good ones weren't supposed to be as good as they are. The gold relic, nox, infected wounds, and teleport relics really aren't that useful. Rather than a buff, I'd prefer deletion. This will likely create a drop in price (hopefully) and allow newer players to have access to useful relics, thus shortening the gap between nubs and vets.

LSDjay

Grandmaster
I certainly not want to hijack this tread and im 100% convinced " infected wounds" could use some love.

But, a lot of months ago people tried to petition so the "Phase Shift" relic would phase shift you back to the starting position, and nothing was changed.
Still feel Phase shift needs some love first.

Decoy

Grandmaster
I certainly not want to hijack this tread and im 100% convinced " infected wounds" could use some love.

But, a lot of months ago people tried to petition so the "Phase Shift" relic would phase shift you back to the starting position, and nothing was changed.
Still feel Phase shift needs some love first.

No worries. That would be a nice feature. Perhaps something like 1 jump only -> stay on mob, but for jumps 2 and up, you return to current position (since it's unpredictable where you'll end up).

Anyway, infected wounds does need some love. I want to be happy about wrecking mobs with it. I know I am not alone in this sentiment!

parsnip

Grandmaster
My suggestions would be:

Phase Shift: Change it to one jump. Uses less stamina and reduces cooldown with every level. Perhaps a slight damage increase with each level too?
Infected Wounds: Change it to a bleed effect but still uses poison potions as a resource. Faster ticks, reduced cooldown as you level up. Perhaps each tick could reduce the targets stamina and return some to the zerker.

Fattson

Grandmaster
My suggestions would be:

Phase Shift: Change it to one jump. Uses less stamina and reduces cooldown with every level. Perhaps a slight damage increase with each level too?
Infected Wounds: Change it to a bleed effect but still uses poison potions as a resource. Faster ticks, reduced cooldown as you level up. Perhaps each tick could reduce the targets stamina and return some to the zerker.

Yes.

Sparty

Neophyte
The other talis have at least one utility based relic. I think giving zerker something similar to leach even if it was just for stamina would be a nice bonus. I also like the debuff idea, but I would take it a step further and give it a different effect depending on weapon type. This could help balance out the weapon types in pvm a bit more and add some interesting choices.

Or a stupidly OP Idea for the lols, why not have it allow the zerker to duel wield ;p probably not viable to code but it would be awesome.

Arch Enemy

Grandmaster
A good, simple buff would just be to allow it to poison all monsters. I said it years ago. I'm not sure why they still haven't done this yet.