1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infestation System [Play Away the Plague]

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Tony-, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Tony-

Tony- Administrator Staff Member

Aug 8, 2019
    Tony
    Admin Post
    [​IMG]

Beginning very soon you should be seeing randomized infected areas popping up around many areas of Sosaria.

This will be an evolving system, creatures will become harder and harder to vanquish, eventually ending with spawning a boss at each infection area.

Events will automatically be triggered every 2-3 hours giving all timezones and equal chance at loot.

Starting with the basics you will see a Plague-O-Meter pop up on your screen when your begin fighting these creatures. Various actions interacting with infected creatures will increase your plague level, the ONLY way to lower your plague level is to visit the handwashing station located at the main cities.

Each event has a chance to spawn with different fighting conditions, while multiple can be applied, they are not always applied. Drops will be increased for each condition.

The fighting conditions are:

- Anti Tamer - This will cause the infected creatures to take reduced damage from pets, they will reflect damage, and deal increased damage to the pet.
    - No Relics - This will cause various damage dealing relics to no longer trigger.
    - PvP Zone - Everyone will be Grey in the infected area
    - No Mounts - Everyone must dismount to enter the infected area.

Plague Level Effects:

As your plague level increases your chance to successfully cure poison is reduced. At 10% you will fail 7.5% of the time curing. At 100% you will fail 75% of the time.

You also have a chance to be randomly poisoned after certain thresholds.

Less than 25% - No poison effects other than reduced chance of curing.
    Between 25% and 50% - You will occasionally be poisoned with a lesser poison (warning)
    Between 50% and 75% - You will occasionally be poisoned with a deadly poison
    Between 75% and 100% - You will often be poisoned with a deadly poison

and now.... a Public Service Announcement from UOForever

upload_2020-3-27_19-14-35.png

TLDR; Watch your plague meter, and wash your hands OFTEN!

2. Tony-

Tony- Administrator Staff Member

Aug 8, 2019
    Tony
    Admin Post
    But... you didn't mention anything about the rewards? What about Rewards!?

There are various reward systems at work here.

There are chances at getting average (slightly rare) like soap to epic loot like exclusive dyes directly from the monsters. The loot is also dynamic and will be evolving over time.

Be on the lookout for "A viable sample of the plague" he can be returned to a Plague Doctor.... If the Plague Doctor is able to use this to help him make the vaccine you will be rewarded greatly.

upload_2020-3-27_19-26-59.png

Plague Doctors will be located in main towns and they will be the main guide to your journey through the Infestation System... Offering you directions or a map for a cost.

Good luck out there!

3. Shane

Shane Administrator Staff Member

Dec 6, 2014
  4. halv

halv Grandmaster

Jun 23, 2015
    Bodia
    Tobse
    Putting the plaque into a safe haven like UO:F is kind of inappropriate and stupid. Bringing a real life plaque into our sancturay is like spitting in the victims. People all around me die and you try to recreate that in a game. That's not only politically incorrect, it's inhuman.

5. john flusher

john flusher Expert

Feb 23, 2018
    borph
    i tend to agree with halv s assessment tho im not quite as stringent about it.i think its to serious an issue to be made light of in a game

halv likes this.
  6. rinster12

rinster12 Apprentice

Jan 8, 2015
    Harribel
    Very unreasonable response to something in a video game. They are in no way making fun of the virus or the awful situation that is occurring right now, that is obvious. Very shallow and chidlish logic. You are just trying to make people angry, when there is no reason to be angry.

Aldrich likes this.
  7. john flusher

john flusher Expert

Feb 23, 2018
    borph
    think what you like but dont tell me what im doing ,you have no clue

8. halv

halv Grandmaster

Jun 23, 2015
    Bodia
    Tobse
    I was a little over the edge that morning about loosing a very important person to that plaque. Loggin in my sanctury is normally a way to avoid my grief. Beeing pissed about a rl virus hitting my game too was a moment of sorrow.
    I got a lots of PMs and mails with condolences and arguments. All of them made sense. Some people have good arguments for a simulated plaque in a video game, other think different.

But you response @rinster12 is making no sense. What is childish about beeing in mourning? Why would people be angry about me griping about a virtuel plaque in a videogame. I have to live with the lost and the sadness. We all have to live with that plaque, but for me it's sad to get the plaque on a shard i love to play since almost 6 years. That's a personal oppinion that everybody respected until now.

Do you really understand what i wrote? I'm confused about you writing about me doing fun about a deadly virus. It's completly the opposite.

9. halv

halv Grandmaster

Jun 23, 2015
    Bodia
    Tobse
    Btw. I want to say sorry to @Shane and his awesome stuff about my harsh words. I was in a really bad mood that morning. Keep it going you doing good work.

10. rinster12

rinster12 Apprentice

Jan 8, 2015
    Harribel
    Nothing is wrong with that. I apologize for my response. I am very sorry for your loss.

halv likes this.
  11. Gracekain

Gracekain Neophyte

May 13, 2013
    So I guess the event is over? I purchased a map and went to the location and nothing was there

12. john flusher

john flusher Expert

Feb 23, 2018
    borph
    no idea i never really took part

13. BakedDaily

BakedDaily Expert

Dec 28, 2013
    Baked Daily ,Dirty South, Vazkor, Thrax, Chronic Disorder
    Can we get disease titles?That should be sweet ,and better than another item so for the server to save.