Inheritance

FingersFinn

Grandmaster
After some thought I have decided that in all likelihood my hiatus is a permanent one. With that being said, I pondered what I should do with my belongings. Initially I thought about letting it just sit and my houses fall. Then it dawned on me that IDOC sitters would scramble like chickens with their heads cut off trying to loot everything. Although a funny thought, I shelved this.

Within the next several days I will log in and be giving my things to someone. No, not a character named "Someone" or "some1", or any variation of such. I've got 2 houses in interesting locations (one is a shack, the other is a 2 story log cabin--not amazing, but filled with goodies). I've got 8 ethy mounts across 8 characters I will also be giving out. I will also need to see what I have for gold in my banks, and this too will be handed out. There are probably some other odds and ends I have too, like ships, etc.

My time here was pretty fun. I had some interesting RP experiences and enjoyed having blues bring in their reds just to be cocks when wanting an area to farm for themselves.

Overall something was missing, however. I long had enjoyed the tales (easily found online) of "famous" people like Belan the Noble Looter and Chad Sexington. In a way, I wanted to experience something like that for myself. It is only after playing for a time that nothing like that can ever be experienced vicariously through me, or anyone else. It is a bygone time when things were different.

To those who I befriended, I wish you the best. To those who killed me, I wish the same. To those I killed, thanks for the loot.. and again, I wish you too the best.

Ciao UOF. Have fun and I'll be seeing someone in-game soon to receive my stuff. :cool:

FingersFinn

Grandmaster
Addendum: I'm not looking for volunteers. Most likely I will grab a random (hopefully newer) player and hand over what I've got. This was simply a farewell message and that I will not be returning after my final log in. Got other stuff going on and again, my hopes of reliving something that was not my experience in the first place was folly. Be safe!

Haptin

Neophyte
Sorry to hear that but it's good you're not going to let the IDOC hordes plunder your belongings.

Ledz Epplin

Master
I left the orig UO back in the day and luckily kept a lot of my rares and items in the bank just incase I ever wanted to come back and play for a bit, that was before the AOS expansion, about 6 years later I came back and played and was glad I kept everything as I made a killing and blew a few minds selling some things at a rares fest. Save it bro, you might come back someday when you are bored.

One thing I've learned is you will play hundreds of games and none are like UO.

amonseti

Grandmaster
I left the orig UO back in the day and luckily kept a lot of my rares and items in the bank just incase I ever wanted to come back and play for a bit, that was before the AOS expansion, about 6 years later I came back and played and was glad I kept everything as I made a killing and blew a few minds selling some things at a rares fest. Save it bro, you might come back someday when you are bored.

One thing I've learned is you will play hundreds of games and none are like UO.
Indeed ive come full circle as well .. actually ive come back to UO a few times and finally the last time I was going back to Osi however it has turned into a game that I no longer recognized .. and I was over joyed when I found UOF .. been here nearly a year now and still enjoying it.. but wish I had the stuff I had from osi , to bad we cant transfer :p id be almost as rich as duckface ..