Introducing: Fetish of the Ranger

Streets

Grandmaster
* Please note this is just a fan piece. This is not real but rather a work of fiction based on game mechanics. This is not a demand for said item but rather an idea and suggestion of possibilities. *

Like all talismans standard talismans:
*there is a 15 minute cool down when equipping.
*Not applicable to pets or players
*Not usable for gains in houses or boats

Modified/Additional requirements:
*While no range restrictions armor restrictions are in place while leveling
*In addition to not being equiped with over 50 music or taming the fetish can not be used with magery or another weapon skill (swords,piercing, axes, daggers, fencing, maces, forks, staves etc.) Excluding "lance."
*Due to the nature of archery talisman/relic gains are subjected to an 50% experience penelty.

Name: Fetish of the Ranger.
*merriam-webster:
an object (such as a small stone carving of an animal) believed to have magical power to protect or aid its owner.

*Fletching (not arms lore) has the same effect as arms lore has for other talismans increasing chance to hit.
*There are 10 levels to the fetish and on average you gain 5% damage per level (in like with beserker as not to make players chose one over the other)
*Bonus only applied when using archery weapon.
*Allows the Archer to drink pots (not purple) while bows are equiped

Leveling:
Due to archery being a ranged combat skill there is a 50% experience penelty to leveling the talisman and relic.

Relics:

*Efficiency: reduces the chance an arrow/bolt will be used when firing a shot (use less resources code.) Higher levels grant better chance of of proc.

*Knock back: when triggered will teleport a mob backwards 1 level per tile.

*Stand your ground: increases damage by (insert percent here) times level of relic. This ability only works while dismounted.

*Leader of the pack: chance on hit to summon a wisp to fight along side you. Wisps are considered summoned and can be dispelled, contain no loot, disappear after 5 min unless killed and take 1controll slot each can be issued commands.
*Wisps come in multiple random colors that corispond to their abilities:
*Black wisp: higher hit points/armor
*Yellow: will attempt to heal/cure nearby allies
*Green: will attempt to poison it's target
*White: Cast offensive spells
*Red: chance to stun target
*Blue: takes (some) damage for the archer
*The higher the level of relic the better (more health higher proc rate) of the wisp.

~Tada~

parsnip

Grandmaster
I like the idea of a Ranger talisman. I would think Tracking would be a better compliment than Fletching for the accuracy bonus. You could also tie the Tracking skill into a relic or the talisman itself. If you have tracking on a target, you get a damage bonus on it.

The wisp idea is interesting but perhaps has too many options! I would think a simpler temporary DPS/tank would be sufficient. The look of the summon could be customised with the aesthetic relic slot. For example, it could be to summon an ethereal bear or wolf or eagle.

I think traps would be fun too. A craftable resource that you can place or throw like an explosion potion. Depending on the recipe used, it could trap the target for X seconds even if damage is done or poison or cause an explosion for quick burst damage.

Streets

Grandmaster
I like the idea of a Ranger talisman. I would think Tracking would be a better compliment than Fletching for the accuracy bonus. You could also tie the Tracking skill into a relic or the talisman itself. If you have tracking on a target, you get a damage bonus on it.

The wisp idea is interesting but perhaps has too many options! I would think a simpler temporary DPS/tank would be sufficient. The look of the summon could be customised with the aesthetic relic slot. For example, it could be to summon an ethereal bear or wolf or eagle.

I think traps would be fun too. A craftable resource that you can place or throw like an explosion potion. Depending on the recipe used, it could trap the target for X seconds even if damage is done or poison or cause an explosion for quick burst damage.

Thanks for the input. Really didn't consider tracking much (although it does fit) mostly because tracking is a bit of an oddity. It levels quite fast and you don't need a ton of it to track a human target. But I am not opposed to the idea either.

The reason for wisps is I don't want to tread on tamers territory. Wisps are not really an "animal" per say. The idea was to not give to stong of a pet (can't use taming with talismans) but still overcome the ranger mythology. By doing it this way you can control pet strength much easier.

The reason for so many was to try to add utility bit without players trying to minimize maxamize every detail. These are a to be a small boost and random so players are not banking on a proc like double strike. The player can constantly change their play style as new combinations spawn. This is why I suggested the "summoned" mechanic only for 5 minutes or players would constantly try to cycle for the best combo. Plus being a "pack" only 1 slot you wouldn't want to be surrounded by 5 of the same critters would ya? Also wanted something truely unique here I think it's (maybe?) One eagle, bear, snake etc would feel like a tamer where as these are more of a throw away pet vs what tamers have which again I wasn't trying to tread on. They are called/summon/proc help the ranger then scurry back into nature.

I did the trap thing in wow and found it to be a cumbersome mechanic. Yea we all made due with what we had but it felt clunky to me which is why I didn't dive into it much here but I see where you are going with it.

I also debated on stealth/hiding but feel this is more a rogue flavor (while they do over lap some) just does not feel right either.

All in all I think you for commenting on this as it is a playstyle I enjoy even if it's just an idea here.