Is there any point in getting 105, 110 115 in Provocation?

Tarraz

Expert
I'm at GM provocation and was considering getting extra using a powerscroll. But is it even worth it?

Dwyane Wade

Grandmaster
Definitely. At GM you'll still fail a lot at the higher end monsters/paragons. I'm at 115 and I've failed maybe once or twice in the past 4 months

The Grixxitt

Apprentice
FYI using GM instruments provides a +10 bonus towards your musical skill checks.

At GM Provo using a GM instrument, I'd guess my rate of failure on high tier mobs like Ancient Wyrms, Balron Paragons, etc. to be less than 5%.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Doobey nooooooo!

Wrong slayer BAD!

Seriously were it not for just looting any instrument because my other one broke and I happened to have a silver drop at that spot I would have never failed one time in the past like 6mo or whatever.

That's not even using exc instruments as I do not need them. Peace of mind with 120 provo. Try it, you'll like it!

Bromista

Grandmaster
Stratics confirms 20% reduction in chance for opposing slayers.

I'm not 100% sure what exactly an opposing slayer is though...if that means every slayer has only one opposing super-slayer group that this applies to or if it is merely any slayer that doesn't work for the critter you're provoking.

Anyone able to clarify?

Doomsayer

Grandmaster
Every super-slayer group have an opposing group, just as you suggested.
I think Repond is the opposite of Silver, and Arachnid Doom is the opposite of Reptilian Death for example.
Which would suggest using a Silver instrument on a wyrm shouldn't induce a penalty..