Keith's Sallos Installation Guide

Before I begin this installation tutorial, I would like to remind everyone that Sallos is not very user friendly for computer illiterate people. There are config files that need to be manually edited for optimal use and the installation can be tedious. Sallos does not have a macro function like Razor and UOSteam, it is strictly a PvP client and designed around PvP aspects of the game.

Do not skip any steps in this guide or you will get problems. During this entire process, do not leave Ultima Online running at all.

Step 1: Download the required files that allow Sallos to run. This includes the latest DirectX9 and .NET Frameworks. If you know for a fact you have both of these installed, you may skip this step. There is no harm in redownloading them. They are small files and will install quickly.

DirectX9 Download
.NET Frameworks Download

Step 2: For ease of use and switching between clients, you'll want to download the UOForever launcher. This launcher has a quick and easy method of selecting which client you would like to use, including Razor, UOSteam and Sallos. The launcher is not up to date, so the version of Sallos that is automatically downloaded with it will not function.

index.php

Launcher Download

Step 3: You need to make sure that you are using the correct version of Ultima Online. There are many versions and even versions of versions. Razor and Steam and most clients use an older file format called MUL, Sallos uses the newer format called UOP. Chances are, you have the old one. You can check by finding your default Ultima Online directory and looking at the artLegacyMUL.uop file. If you do not have this file with the uop extension, it's the wrong version. Keep in mind that UOSteam and Razor are capable of using both formats, so reinstalling the newer version will not effect their use. If you do happen to have the uop file format, you can skip step 3.

index.php

Ultima Online (UOP Format)

Step 4: Once you've downloaded Ultima Online, you will be required to fully patch it. Just launch Ultima Online from it's default icon which should be located on your desktop or in it's default directory. The patch can take a an hour or two depending on your internet speeds. Once it's completed patching, just close the default Ultima Online patcher.

index.php

Step 5: Now that all of your files are in place and ready to go, we need to get the latest version of Sallos in the correct folder, but before we do that you need to disable your Antivirus. If you fail to disable your antivirus it may not let you download, extract or run the Sallos launcher. If you do not have an antivirus, you may skip this step.

Step 6: Now that your Antivirus is disabled, you can download the latest version of Sallos that is distributed for UOForever. No other versions will work on the server and this one has been modified by Adam to work here specifically.

Latest Sallos Download

Step 7: This is optional but if you want Sallos to launch with the UOForever launcher, you must place Sallos in it's correct folder. The easiest way of doing this is to run your UOForever launcher (Not the Sallos launcher) and let it download the old version of Sallos. Once it's done, it will create all of the appropriate files and folders. Take the Latest Sallos version you downloaded in step 6 and extract all of the files into the Ultima Online directory, overwriting the ones created by the launcher.

In my case, this directory is C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Classic\Sallos, It may be different for different people depending on operating systems or custom installations. If you choose not to use the UOForever launcher, you can simply extract the Sallos.rar anywhere and run the launcher.

index.php

Step 8: Login to Sallos using your normal server credentials and Enjoy.

index.php

I will write a guide on how to use and configure Sallos soon.

Young Star

Grandmaster
Tried running the Sallos launcher but after I log in it gets 2 errors and the program force closes. I tried running it stand alone and also within the UOF launcher and get the same results. I also ran all as administrator.

First error encountered is:
System.InvalidOperationException: Unable to connect.
at ‌‭‬‪‮‍‫‫‏‪‏‬‭‍‫‮‭‍‮.‪‌‪‏‍‌‍‬‏‌‏‎‌‬‍‭‎‎‮‮()
at ‌‭‬‪‮‍‫‫‏‪‏‬‭‍‫‮‭‍‮.‬‎‌‪‬‫‍‌‭‫‪‪‎‍‪‍‍‫‎‏‭‌‎‮()

Second error is:

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Unable to connect.
at ‌‭‬‪‮‍‫‫‏‪‏‬‭‍‫‮‭‍‮.‍‏‪‎‪‫‍‬‏‫‎‪‪‌‬‭‬‬‮‫‫‌‮(String[] )
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke(Object obj, Object[] parameters)
at uqvTDELHMBfmHWLotOOMErgpGX.‫‮‍‪‫‎‍‫‎‎‫‪‍‎‮‍‏‮‍‏‮‪‬‪‭‍‮(Object , RoutedEventArgs )
at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.Controls.Button.OnClick()
at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(MouseButtonEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
at System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args, RoutedEvent newEvent)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)
at ‏‬‏‪‎‭‌‫‭‫‬‭‬‭‎‎‮‍‪‍‮.‌‮‌‫‍‪‫‬‌‍‌‭‏‭‎‏‍‭‪‪‮‮()

Mandar

I am having a similar error:

I've looked through forums and cannot figure out what I am doing wrong. Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Mandar

I am having a similar error:

I've looked through forums and cannot figure out what I am doing wrong. Any help is greatly appreciated!!
** Update** I re-installed it and works now!!

Azmar

Apprentice
All i keep getting is a black screen and disconnect.

I followed this guide word for word. Anyone had same issue and managed to fix it?

Epic Flail-

Apprentice
getting "connection lost" upon opening, followed every step, also, "latest version or sallos" download link is no longer available.

Biff

Novice
Hi there. Followed all these steps and sallos runs fine, except I have no sound. I have music turned off with sound turned on. I checked all my windows sound settings but all looks in order. Anyone else have this issue?