Lag spikes / lockups anyone?

Book of Dowth

Neophyte
I've never had this issue before today.

I steal from a player... and then my character freezes up. The world around me moves just fine... but my toon becomes unresponsive.
I just took 2 eb to the face before I had any freedom to move.

Book of Dowth

Neophyte
Well, if its karma I'm confused...
I'm seeing it happen to the people I'm looting as well.

So its not just me... any insight as to whats going on?

Deathrow

Apprentice
It happens to me too,

Its been happening ever since I joined up. I'll be pking in a dungeon, freeze up, blue gets away and mobs casually roll over and kill me.

I've worked out its a server issue, and completely random. As soon as it happens I just hit the recall macro button and hope for the best

This is what's been happening to me as well.
Walking through Britain - couple steps, freeze. Everyone else is moving fine. Couple more steps, freeze.
Walking out and about - same thing.

Evil Jezus

Expert
IMO this new server that they are renting sucks....I never used to lag on this server when I first started now its very laggy at times....Pretty crappy go back to the old server or fix the problem...Just terrible... =(

S

Shane

Hrm that is a packet loss issue honestly. Also itts only with select people.
We have helped some people and found out most of them it is a client side issue with spyware, malware, bittorrents, isp issues, or living far from the server..

We have talked and will be moving the server one more time after the expansion, as of right now we are concentrating on that.