Mage Template - stun, scribe, alchy?

Humble_Shark

Apprentice
I've read a lot of info here on mage templates, but wanted a concise answer regarding my setup.

Stats are currently 100/25/100 ( I realize I may have to change these based on my final decision on a template)

GM: Magery, Eval Int, Wrestling, Anatomy, Meditation, Resist (working on it, at 85)

So here's my question: What's a good way to finish up this mage? I know that I can drop Wrestling to keep defensive wrestling (Anat+Eval). I know if I keep wrestling I can stun punch...will most likely need more dex though.

I'm new, so this is my only character right now. Eventually I want to use him for PVP and general tooling around hunting for reds.

If I ad Inscription what bonus do I get to this template? If I add alchy?

I know, a lot of questions. I just dont know how useful wrestling will be, and if I should replace with Inscription, Alchy, etc...

Thank you in advance!

Fenix

Journeyman
Alchy will give you a bonus dmg to explosion pots only (I believe it's 10% @GM), Inscription will add to the max circles of spells you can reflect with MR (up to 12 at GM I believe), along with significantly boosting RA and Protection. All in what you are trying to do/feel comfortable with. Most people have stun in their build somehow and I'd recommend either an alchy stun or scribe stun if you're looking to participate in group mage PvP.
Edit: a common mistake is to forgo wrestling in order to take something deemed more important. While it seems innocuous, it is really one of your most important skills in PvP as any type of mage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You do not need more Dex with stun punch. drink greater agility potions and always have refresh potions and you'll be fine. scribe/stun is my favorite currently the extra bounce of spells when you have reflect and such is very nice. Heal/stun is viable and tough to be killed on. Poisoning is broken for mages right now and is not worth it. Alchemy/stun is worth it if you're proficient at casting while timing explosion potions. Notice i have a bias towards stun. I think it is, on this shard, extremely important to have on a pvp mage template.

Humble_Shark

Apprentice
Awesome, thank you both. I was kind of leaning tword scribe Mage with Wrestling. I used this template 13 years ago and it was great. Just didn't know if stun punch, was effective, or even used any more.

Also great point about the GRAgility pots and refresh, they will allow for increased dex so I can get a stun in faster.

That would put me at 100/25/100 with GM: Magery, Eval Int, Meditation, Anatomy, Wrestling, Resist, & Inscription.

And, I'll be able to use Inscription to make a little cash for my newb ass!!!

Thanks again.