Magical Dragon Armor

Wildtamer

Grandmaster
dragon.jpg

AssHat

Grandmaster
yup brought this up+ remove dragon scale/armor becuase 99% its useless, fail rate is high, all this is, is added number on your list of items that are useless: warriors dust, un labled gem dust, gargoyle eye, stone feather, etc....

Leewald7

Grandmaster
Some pieces of the dragon scale armor help to make a better chainmail suit so thats one benefit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Messremb

Grandmaster
yup brought this up+ remove dragon scale/armor becuase 99% its useless, fail rate is high, all this is, is added number on your list of items that are useless: warriors dust, un labled gem dust, gargoyle eye, stone feather, etc....
Gem dust used to be part of imbuing. But since we don't have that the gems just turn to dust.

Gargoyle eye and stone feather were for the forsaken king event and they never got removed from the loot table.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Tydeus

Master
Dragon scale armor isn't useless. It is arguably better than barbed bone armor, with only 2 less AR and a lot more durability, which means your AR will go down a lot faster with the bone armor.

I make these suits with a very low fail rate for exceptional with 120 BS + Britain crafting area, along with a +15 and +30 ASH. I just play a macro and it creates these suits fully exceptional and puts them into an armor bag ([organizeme]).

To me, it is easier to get a mass amount of dragon scales compared to bones, because of fishing. It has made barbed bone armor obsolete to me.

The reason not to put magical dragon scale armor in is because it would possibly make horned runic bone armor obsolete, and also the regular magic full plate would degrade in value. I forget which AR invul full plate armor gives, but it is a lot, although it takes away dex. The dragon scale version of it would just be putting in magic full plate with no dex penalties.

I remember reading a suggestion before that suggested putting in some resistance to fire breath attacks with the dragon scale armor, and I thought that was a cool idea. If you thought PvP stun tamers were OP/lame, you could put this armor on your dexxer and take some of the OP out of that class. It would come in handy for PvM as well.

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
I'm not talking about adding a hammer to make these suits (in this thread, anyways. :rolleyes: ), I was thinking maybe make them 5% drops in level 5~6 T-maps; monsters wouldn't drop them.

Magical dragon plate, even in a fantasy world, is super rare as fuck. We should treat it similarly.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Its important to remember that AR values have gone through a myriad of changes to get to where they are. Something needs to change in order for this to make sense IMO. Well something should probably change already anyway.

Right now a full suit of exceptional horned tunic bone gives the same AR as full exc dragon scale. Both are 51 or 52? Pls forgive/correct me if I'm wrong. Both are created equal though...same AR, no Dex loss and non medable.

Horned kits have plummeted to 30k per btw. 1k per charge.

Full exc barbed bone is 60ar with a dragon scale gorget.

Barbed kits are 15 uses @450k so 30k per charge for barbed.

Scale is cheap and abundant and all colors are created equal (maybe this should change too??)

I think by dropping magic dragon scale, everything else left alone, you would be creating strong ass armor even if dropped dragon scale pieces non exceptional. It'd be like adding magic properties onto armor that already has magic properties to created barbed runic AR equivalent, which don't need to hit rock bottom along with horned runic prices to be honest.

Like I said, I think something already needs to change but it doesn't seem like a big enough problem to even address currently because horned kits still have a place making normal and studded suits. It's a nice problem and this seems like a solution to another problem that doesn't exist that further exacerbates said niche problem. Barbed runics are pretty rare and tailoring doesn't have the big value rewards that smithing does (on that note BS runics don't add properties to AR for a good reason) so even if they were considered rare anything like this would hurt the value of the one high end thing tailor does have. BS makes the weapons, tailor makes the AR, and one nice thing tailor had going for it got boned by dragon scale already.

The real takeaway here is to never make horned runic bone again. This has been a public service announcement.